Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 KRRC loses lawsuit. 

The club has suspended shooting for now. http://www.gunsafety.org/

Quote:
By unanimous vote of the members present at the February Club meeting, the use of KRRC property for the discharge of firearms is temporarily suspended, effective immediately and until further notice, due to legal issues still pending.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/feb/ ... /#comments

Quote:
The judge issued an injunction that prohibits use of the property as a shooting range until violations of Kitsap County's zoning code are resolved — including the need for after-the-fact permits that place limits on range activities. The injunction specifically prohibits fully automatic firearms, including machine guns; rifles greater than .30 caliber; exploding targets and cannons; and any shooting before 9 a.m. or after 7 p.m.

I do not understand the knee-jerk 30 caliber restriction. I have several rifles that are larger than 30 caliber but are less powerful and far less noisy than a typical 30-06 hunting rifle. I think it is a ploy to drive away membership and make the club close for good.

Ranb

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This was done to close the range, Nothing more...I would'nt believe anything that those lying bags of Sh*t at the County are saying in the paper. My money says Poulsbo is next...(complaints will mysteriously escalate around their site)etc.I can't wait for County Elections come around again.I am making it my Mission in Life to see WacJob and Hauge voted out of office.I am Pissed.......Not that means anything. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:51 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's the biggest problem... This could set a precedence. Poulsbo, Renton, Capitol.. They are all in close proximity to residential areas. House of cards people...

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ranb wrote:
The club has suspended shooting for now. http://www.gunsafety.org/

Quote:
By unanimous vote of the members present at the February Club meeting, the use of KRRC property for the discharge of firearms is temporarily suspended, effective immediately and until further notice, due to legal issues still pending.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/feb/ ... /#comments

Quote:
The judge issued an injunction that prohibits use of the property as a shooting range until violations of Kitsap County's zoning code are resolved — including the need for after-the-fact permits that place limits on range activities. The injunction specifically prohibits fully automatic firearms, including machine guns; rifles greater than .30 caliber; exploding targets and cannons; and any shooting before 9 a.m. or after 7 p.m.

I do not understand the knee-jerk 30 caliber restriction. I have several rifles that are larger than 30 caliber but are less powerful and far less noisy than a typical 30-06 hunting rifle. I think it is a ploy to drive away membership and make the club close for good.

Ranb

Unfortunately people often don't exercise good sense. The .30 cal limit doesn't make sense to one who uses good judgement but for those that fail to recognize how far a bullet can travel a limit has to be imposed. It only takes one idiot to put a bowling ball on top of a backstop berm then go back and take a few shots at it with a .50 BMG to put a range out of business for all.

Ranges like this that are now at "risk" should consider improving berms, installing baffles that prevent the launching of bullets over those berms, and enforce quiet periods. If they don't do so to preempt legal action, more sever restrictions will follow, even closing.

Unfortunately it's the "lowest common denominator" that ends up ruining it for all those who act responsibly.

Did anyone catch the TV report that showed Shotgun Slug holes in houses near a Shotgun Range? Believe it was in Pierce County. This is the type of problem that brings about actions such as occurred in Kitsap County.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:

Did anyone catch the TV report that showed Shotgun Slug holes in houses near a Shotgun Range? Believe it was in Pierce County. This is the type of problem that brings about actions such as occurred in Kitsap County.

It was "at" the Tacoma Sportsman Club

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/tacoma ... mentPage=1

Yeah, should look at the newest user comment under the story. Little ironic now.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 pm

The Club will remain closed for a while. http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/mar/02/shooting-range-will-remain-closed/

Quote:
Serko's previous ruling declared the shooting range a public nuisance, because of increased noise and because of the potential of stray bullets striking people and property in the neighboring community.
The County claimed during the trial that two bullets left the range and damaged private property since 1926. Their evidence was sketchy at best. This makes shooting at the KRRC one of the safest recreational activities we can participate in around here. Kitsap County exempts shooting areas from noise regulations during shooting hours. This means that noise complaints should have had no bearing on the Judge’s order.

The club is now about half the size is was a year ago, I think it may go under and the land transferred to the County. The next step could be to ask the appeals court to grant a stay of the judge's order pending a hearing on the appeal.

Ranb

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ive been listing to Gun talk radio lately and this is a sight that they said could help http://www.usashooting.org/
Tom the show host was saying the NRA will not help and that you need to contact this group to get the help that is needed. Also that the NRA does not get involeved with this kind of suites and that KRRS is wasting time by not contacting them if they havent already.
If I lived closer I'd join the mebership and do what I could to help. I hope that this does help if any

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next step is to build ranges with large culvert like "tubes" that prevent bullets and most of the noise from leaving the range.

Memberships will start at about $20,000 just to offset the costs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KRRC stars on the front page of the Kitsap Sun today. Just got around to the Sunday paper...

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/apr/21/commissioners-failed-address-land-use-concerns-gun/

Feel free to sound off in the comments!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow! Heck of a read and timeline!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]