Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Interlake Sporting Association (Redmond/Kirkland) 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

oldkim wrote:
Simple answer... "war zone noise"

Silencers (aka suppressors)! The club should encourage REQUIRE members get suppressors! :thumbsup2:

fify

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jae36 wrote:
Just finished the PIC class and I'm thinking I'm still going to join wca silver membership... The pistol range was kind of iffy you have to place a table to the yardage and it seems a little sketchy if you have someone at 10 yards and you want to shoot 5 yards. I'd have to trust the person at 10 yards not to hit me lol. It would be nice to have the target stands move vs. your seating.

Ummm....no, you need to compromise on the same firing line. That's common sense.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:45 pm

That's what I thought but it was brought up about staggered tables and the person teaching said as long as both parties were ok with it. That didn't seem ok to me. I also thought it was funny that it was brought up that certain people high in office magically turn off the camera to the pistol range when shooting AR pistols as the whole class witnessed when going through the range. Great example set.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jae36 wrote:
That's what I thought but it was brought up about staggered tables and the person teaching said as long as both parties were ok with it. That didn't seem ok to me. I also thought it was funny that it was brought up that certain people high in office magically turn off the camera to the pistol range when shooting AR pistols as the whole class witnessed when going through the range. Great example set.

:facepalm2:

Sounds like a huge liability and I believe I know who it was. PM sent for more information, so I can pass it along to those in a position to do something about it.

And for the record - no one should be turning off the camera to the pistol range regardless of who they are and there's no reason an AR pistol is anything special or noteworthy (they are permitted at ISA)...but the fact that he made a big deal about AR pistols is extremely telling and narrows the suspect list considerable.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jae36 wrote:

Jae36 and I have been in touch and we're trying to get things squared away about the cameras but after speaking with the President of ISA, we wanted to make it clear: ISA does not encourage or permit staggered tables with different shooting lines - as it is just as dangerous as it sounds. We suspect this was a misunderstanding.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:07 pm

I really want to like this range and I think I definitely will if others use common sense and practice safe shooting. All it takes is 1 bad move to shutdown the range for good and that was stressed HIGHLY. I hope my suggestion to reach out to others to get a more clear idea on how everything went would help.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jae36 wrote:
I really want to like this range and I think I definitely will if others use common sense and practice safe shooting. All it takes is 1 bad move to shutdown the range for good and that was stressed HIGHLY. I hope my suggestion to reach out to others to get a more clear idea on how everything went would help.

Absolutely. Thanks for your input. I've communicated your concerns to the President of ISA and it will be handled ASAP.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:21 pm

I've been a member at Interlake for a year, I joined when I moved to the area. I don't shoot much pistol, mainly bolt and AR/Blackout. It is a home grown facility for sure, but I like the fact that the great unwashed are unable to show up off the street and impress their girlfriends with their 44 magnum (lack of) skills - unlike Wade's, which is sketchy IMHO. I like the guys at Wade's the range customers scare the piss out of me. There's a lot to like, about ISC, 75% of the time, I have the range to myself, especially rifle. It has a 200 yard berms, which is great for my 7.62x51 and it's pretty private, and reasonably anonymous.
Ben is right about the membership, it was funny, when I went for my board meeting and then orientation, I went with my Romanian buddy, and the crotchety 'old guard' (you'll know who they are if you're a member) were pretty rude to him. They were immediately asking if he was a citizen etc etc. He's probably been shooting longer than me here and certainly longer as a citizen. I had Blackhawk tac pants on that day and a black polo and he was all over me, asking which 'agency' I worked for, it would have been funny if not so rude. My buddy decided not to renew, but I'm happy there as a member, I don't get involved in the childish 'Robert's rules' arguments and I don't have to deal with a rude old geezers. I get great use and I visit whenever I can. As for the uptick in use, can't say I've seen that, and the log does not seem overly busy, assuming everybody logs in. While I kind of like Issaquah, and I was a member there, I just felt there's too many yahoo's who use the place, I like the young guys who run it, they're good chaps. ISC is a good deal, empty most of the time, you are never pressured and you get to play RSO for yourself. All of the people I've seen on the line there are great guys, and ironically I never see the old whining farts on the range anyway. I'll be going again in about ten days to break in my new AR -10, if anybody wants to check it out, let me know (unless you're an asshat of course)
Travelling to Germany tomorrow, but feel free to drop me a PM or mail to jonparke@outlook.com

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:39 pm
Profile WWW

if your emotional state is so fragile that rudeness causes you to crumple into a sobbing heap and scars you with permanent PTSD, then interlake is not for you.

manly men only. no sissies allowed.

Thu May 01, 2014 4:30 pm

^^case in point^^

Like I said, it's quiet enough that those of us that are 'emotionally fragile sissies' can avoid manly men and/or asshats, and focus on using the excellent shooting facilities.

Sat May 03, 2014 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm interested in this place - a friend of mine is a member. Do I just turn up on Wednesday night with a check?

Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:49 pm

yes.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

molot wrote:
I'm interested in this place - a friend of mine is a member. Do I just turn up on Wednesday night with a check?

It has to be a Wednesday night with a meeting going on...but yes...that's the basic idea.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
molot wrote:

It has to be a Wednesday night with a meeting going on...but yes...that's the basic idea.

Great, and it's this Wed night, right? First Wed of the month?

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:04 am

molot wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
molot wrote:

Great, and it's this Wed night, right? First Wed of the month?

correct.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next