Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
 Interlake Sporting Association (Redmond/Kirkland) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
never_to_much wrote:
Is this range a member of the national shooting sports foundation? if not they should look in to it. http://www.nssf.org/

I don't believe so. What's the benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

They back the club from lawsuits and that fun stuff.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

brian wrote:
I inquired about joining a couple months ago. This is what they told me:

Quote:
The cost is 200.00 a year and a onetime 50.00 joining fee

This is correct. The $200 yearly fee is prorated depending on when you join.

never_to_much wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
never_to_much wrote:
Is this range a member of the national shooting sports foundation? if not they should look in to it. http://www.nssf.org/

I don't believe so. What's the benefit?

They back the club from lawsuits and that fun stuff.

Interesting. I'll have to bring it up at the next Board of Directors meeting.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah from what I've heard about them they are like the NRA but for gun clubs fighting to keep the places open. I've heard about them and what they do on the gun talk radio show whit Tom Gresham.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I checked and only saw benefits like legal advice from ATF investigations...nothing about lawsuits from asinine real estate developers who buy a bunch of property next to a 70 year old outdoor shooting range.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gotcha my misunderstanding.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

never_to_much wrote:
Gotcha my misunderstanding.

No problem!

Anyway...8 more people joined at the meeting last week! Who's joining in September? I might FINALLY have my suppressor by then.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Any updates? The website seems down, and they don't return calls... For the location, I'd love to join.

I understand that the meetings are the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30pm. I plan to go this coming Wednesday to find out more... but where? At the range site? It's outdoor, and undoubtedly very dark by then.

Anyone have any updates or more information about how I can join?

Thanks!

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

welcomewgo

Welcome to WaGuns, Mike!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:19 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

spongyryno wrote:
Any updates? The website seems down, and they don't return calls... For the location, I'd love to join.

I understand that the meetings are the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30pm. I plan to go this coming Wednesday to find out more... but where? At the range site? It's outdoor, and undoubtedly very dark by then.

Thanks!

I only know a few members and they say to save your money. There are plenty of other options out here. It was $200+ for a year and for that price it was worth it to be a member of Kenmore and West Coast where you can shoot in doors and out.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:43 pm
Profile WWW

I am curious to hear what the other options are. I'd like to be able to shoot my AR-15 with a full magazine. I've done a little homework, and what I've discovered is that my options are:

Kenmore range: only one round at a time. What's the point? :-)

Wade's: must be a member ($350/year, which is greater than $250 :-) )

Champion Arms in Renton: You must use their ammo which runs about a dollar a round.

West Coast Armory: It's $275 for the silver membership, which AFAIK, it required to shoot a rifle. Also, it's location isn't as convenient for me, as I live near Bothell.

Also, I live pretty close to Interlake, and it's right on my way to work. I'd be willing to pay the $200+.

What do you recommend?

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
spongyryno wrote:

Thanks!

I only know a few members and they say to save your money. There are plenty of other options out here. It was $200+ for a year and for that price it was worth it to be a member of Kenmore and West Coast where you can shoot in doors and out.

I respectfully disagree.

There's covered shooting positions from 25 yards on the pistol range and the entire rifle range is covered. Sure it's not heated - but come on, tough it out. There's a one time $50 initiation fee and the yearly dues are pro-rated depending on when you join - so $200+ for the year simply isn't accurate. A full year membership for an individual is $200. There are other options for married couples and senior citizens.

I don't think you can get any better - for the price point, location and the fact that there the range is very infrequently used - therefore, you'll typically enjoy the range to yourself.

With all of that said - I'll be honest...several members of the Board of Directors are totally self-absorbed and have no idea how to run a modern range (which is why the website is awful, the e-mail account goes unanswered, no social media presence, no community engagement, etc.). I've attended meetings where I was completely flabbergasted by their sheer ineptitude. There are a few guys who do their best to keep these guys in check - but it's tough. I seriously considered running for a board position to bring them (kicking & screaming) into the 21st Century, but I already have a number of other social/civic commitments that consume a lot of time.

To directly answer the original question - go to the meeting - there's a heated clubhouse, you'll fill out the paperwork there.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:41 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

spongyryno wrote:
I am curious to hear what the other options are. I'd like to be able to shoot my AR-15 with a full magazine. I've done a little homework, and what I've discovered is that my options are:

Champion Arms in Renton: You must use their ammo which runs about a dollar a round.

West Coast Armory: It's $275 for the silver membership, which AFAIK, it required to shoot a rifle. Also, it's location isn't as convenient for me, as I live near Bothell.

Also, I live pretty close to Interlake, and it's right on my way to work. I'd be willing to pay the $200+.

What do you recommend?

Kenmore is 1 round per on the public range. I have shot and taught classes at Kenmore and the members only range can load more than 1 round. I would avoid Wades but there is West Coast Armory int eh Northend and Bellevue.

Plus Kenmore is 300 yards for rifle. Interlake is not 300 yards.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:34 am
Profile WWW

Why would you avoid Wade's? The few times I've been there, it seems good. The employees are friendly and helpful, and it *seems* clean and safe. (Is it not?)

So, if I'm a member at Kenmore I can load the whole mag?

Where is the West Coast Armory in the north end of Bellevue? Their site's page http://www.westcoastarmory.com/directions.html says "2 Locations to Serve You", and these are in SOUTH Bellevue, and Issaquah (even further yet).

Thanks again for the info---I really appreciate it. :-)

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
spongyryno wrote:

What do you recommend?

Kenmore is 1 round per on the public range. I have shot and taught classes at Kenmore and the members only range can load more than 1 round. I would avoid Wades but there is West Coast Armory int eh Northend and Bellevue.

Plus Kenmore is 300 yards for rifle. Interlake is not 300 yards.

News to me that anyone can load more than one round at Kenmore. What's the procedure to get that approval?

Interlake's max is 200 yards. Does fine for me.

I would avoid Wade's like the plague - it's just as hazardous to your health.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anywhere that won't let me load more than 1 round isn't worth my time or money. Go to the woods instead.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next