Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Interlake Sporting Association (Redmond/Kirkland) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
All you had to do was just put up the red flag(s) letting everyone that the range was "Hot".

They now have a system with lights and a buzzer (on the 100/200 yd ranges)

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Afecks wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:
Would be interesting to see if all the titles to homes nearby have a notice that there is a gun range in the "neighborhood". Just like those around big Airports and other noisemakers that were in existence before the subdivision was platted. If so, I'd say "Tough Cookies" to the homeowners that moved in next door, just as long as rounds aren't hitting their homes or landing on their property.

Even if there were not notices, I say fuck em. If you don't do your due diligence to see what you're moving into, you sometimes don't get what you expected. They have no one to blame but themselves if they don't like it.

I agree. That range has been there since the late 1940s...it's nothing new. A guy who has been a member for many years and is friends with a lot of the board commented to me on Saturday: "Our membership has exploded since Sandy Hook." Later, he says "I live two miles away and I can hear this place...from open to close...the shooting never stops...it's never been like that before."

With that in mind, I don't live anywhere near Interlake but I disagree with him on the noise. tlang and I were going every Saturday and/or Sunday for several weeks in a row and we were frequently the only people there...so I'm not sure when the range is getting all of this use. I believe them that a lot of new people have joined...but that's the fault of the Board of Directors...perhaps they should have thought about that. Then again, the place is nearly bankrupt - so they probably figured the extra revenue was worth it. In the long term, I would rather pay more and have the place stay the same. In the short term, the Board of Directors definitely needs to change...it's all old guys who are cranky and out of touch...they need a real PR response to the complaints and political maneuvering of this real estate developer. Otherwise, they will get beat...and that means one less local place to shoot - which ultimately means less non-gun owners and young people getting exposed to firearms in a positive and safe environment, which is a death sentence for our hobby and our 2A rights.

ANZAC wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:
All you had to do was just put up the red flag(s) letting everyone that the range was "Hot".

They now have a system with lights and a buzzer (on the 100/200 yd ranges)

The lower pistol range has lights and a buzzer as well, but people rarely use it because it's obvious that folks are shooting there...especially, if you follow the rules and put out the red flag and open the door to the shelter.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go door to door in the nearby neighborhoods and distribute foam ear plugs free of charge :rofl9:

Someday someone will see the market for a HUGE warehouse, maybe the size of the Boeing plant in Everett, and we can all shoot indoors. Nice long ranges too :thumbsup2:

Just think what the "Membership Fee" might be :reaction: But then again, if golfers will pay to belong to exclusive clubs-----

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went to the Board of Directors & Officers elections last night. There was also a Redmond City Council member there. It went well.

I learned a lot more about Interlake's internal politics as well as Interlake's (good) standing with the city government. I don't know when they will reopen membership...the last batch of guys who were approved in February won't go active until April, which isn't typical. They said they currently have about 255 members which is high for Interlake.

BTW - The title of this thread should be edited...ISA is in Redmond, not Kirkland.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:

BTW - The title of this thread should be edited...ISA is in Redmond, not Kirkland.

:whatthe: When did that change? Same zip code as me.

*edit...well dip me in shit and call me learned. Never knew East of 132nd was Redmond.

Last edited by MFTIC on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MFTIC wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

:whatthe: When did that change? Same zip code as me.

Zip Codes are only for the Post Office. They don't mean squat when it comes to citiy boundaries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 am

Has the range died down a bit now that's it's been a while since all the surge of stuff going on? Says they are accepting new members again on their and I was considering looking in to it.

I typically when I go to a formal range go to Issaquah Sportsmen's Club, but being able to drive 4 miles instead of the 20 or so to Issaquah seems very appealing, plus a 200 yard range would be nice. Any members feel like showing a guest? I'm not certain on the club's guest rules, but I'm a responsible shooter, typically like to shoot 100 yd precision targets with various mostly semi auto rifles...

Also was looking in to the Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Association as well even though it's a bit further... Seems like a nice well put together range.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Interlake is great. It's better than Issaquah for a number of reasons. First, it's open more hours (to members). Second, it is located in a ravine and so there's almost never wind, so finetuning loads works great.

Here are my review: http://www.preciseshooter.com/blog/SeattleRanges.aspx

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did a lot of research before picking Interlake. I am not disappointed with my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Didn't see anything on their website, but does interlake require a certain amount of volunteer or work time for memebers each year?

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chrisb9381 wrote:
Didn't see anything on their website, but does interlake require a certain amount of volunteer or work time for memebers each year?

Nope.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is this range a member of the national shooting sports foundation? if not they should look in to it. http://www.nssf.org/

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

never_to_much wrote:
Is this range a member of the national shooting sports foundation? if not they should look in to it. http://www.nssf.org/

I don't believe so. What's the benefit?

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple years ago i looked into tho place but I trailed off on it. Does any one know what the cost of this place is??

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I inquired about joining a couple months ago. This is what they told me:

Quote:
The cost is 200.00 a year and a onetime 50.00 joining fee

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next