Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 where to go for long distance shooting? 

Ron Eagle Elk wrote:
New rules for Range 15, no magnum rifles on the range. Don't know if they consider a .50 a magnum or not.

Source? That would curtail some of my activities there, 338WinMag. They allow, or used to, 500 S&W and 50 Beowulf, not sure if the ever allowed 50 BMG.

TRRC, Tacoma Revolver and Rifle Club, is up near University Place and has 600 yds available but only when they host a specific match. 200 yds available any other day for members.

Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfection is an Ideal and thus cannot exist in the real world. To seek perfection is to set yourself up for failure. Instead, strive for Excellence. Excellence is an attainable goal - Coach George Yamamoto, Mililani High School, RIP

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:12 am

A friend and i shot his .358 Nuk at the 300m steels on range 15, resulting in some holes... Unintentional, i wonder if that contributed to the rule change.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just be sure to clean up your mess if you go on FS land. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but.....

Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PeEll Sportsman's Club Rifle Range goes out to 500 meters according to their website. I haven't been there yet.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:28 am

Growler67 wrote:
Ron Eagle Elk wrote:
New rules for Range 15, no magnum rifles on the range. Don't know if they consider a .50 a magnum or not.

Source? That would curtail some of my activities there, 338WinMag. They allow, or used to, 500 S&W and 50 Beowulf, not sure if the ever allowed 50 BMG.

TRRC, Tacoma Revolver and Rifle Club, is up near University Place and has 600 yds available but only when they host a specific match. 200 yds available any other day for members.

Will try to get specific details if I can, but this is confirmed. New policy from JBLM Range Control, NO magnum centerfire allowed. 50 Beowuld is allowed.

Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfection is an Ideal and thus cannot exist in the real world. To seek perfection is to set yourself up for failure. Instead, strive for Excellence. Excellence is an attainable goal - Coach George Yamamoto, Mililani High School, RIP

Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:18 pm

***UPDATED INFORMATION***

The information I got (direct from the source, JBLM Range Control) is that the berms are being raised for ALL the small arms ranges to comply with a new standard. Until they are done with the work on the ranges including Range 15, NO centerfire magnum rifles are allowed. No time frame was given but the POW = Personally Owned Weapons Range will be the last one to get done.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2