Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Info on Arlington Honey Hole 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anybody been there lately? Still open and what not? Looking for a place to shoot and that one is the closest to me. Never been shooting outside of a range before, but looking forward to it. Any info is appreciated.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arlington honey hole is and has been closed for sometime now.

A member on here said he had a spot or 2 up on lake cavanugh road, but have not heard from him. Other then that darrington is about all i can think of..since no one wants to give up there spots.. :(

Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:26 pm

There was one I used to shoot at, but it's closed too.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a decent pit past Gold Bar on Hwy 2, but it will not be accessible for much longer, as the snow level drops.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mustangfreek wrote:

A member on here said he had a spot or 2 up on lake cavanugh road, but have not heard from him. Other then that darrington is about all i can think of..since no one wants to give up there spots.. :(

Am I the member you were referring to? I really have had alot of PM's since posting that comment. I literally just told some other dude 2 days ago the exact location. If I didn't message you back, my apologies. My only concern is that if I tell everyone, you'll all see that the only crap thing about this spot is the parking. There is none, and there's logging trucks alot. So you have to play ball. I'm gonna be honest, it helps to even wave at them and act friendly. I go once a week or every 2 weeks. It's 10 minutes from my house.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EverettsFinest wrote:
mustangfreek wrote:

Am I the member you were referring to? I really have had alot of PM's since posting that comment. I literally just told some other dude 2 days ago the exact location. If I didn't message you back, my apologies. My only concern is that if I tell everyone, you'll all see that the only crap thing about this spot is the parking. There is none, and there's logging trucks alot. So you have to play ball. I'm gonna be honest, it helps to even wave at them and act friendly. I go once a week or every 2 weeks. It's 10 minutes from my house.

Hey I would totally be into doing some clean up for a closer place to shoot too. My dad and I currently drive all the way to Darrington which is an hour and a half away from where I'm at in Everett. Also the rifle bays at Norpoint are still shut down which kinda pisses me off since I just renewed my yearly membership there.

I understand if you guys want to keep the Lake Cavanaugh spot on the down low but I will assure you now that I am a conscientious shooter and always without fail haul out more than I bring in. If you guys aren't feelin' too crowded I'd love to join you in some clean up and shooting.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I realize these are older posts, the Arlington one is located literally at the top of the 530 mudslide. I don't know if it's destroyed, but the road to it appears to have been.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by EverettsFinest on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:59 pm

People please remember, if you trash an area, you are working right into the hands of the anti-gun crowd, they don't need our help, unfortunately, those non gunners like these areas for land fill dumps which is just as bad, if you see someone dumping, don't ignore it, report it.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm letting you all know, the directions I previously posted. I decided to delete. Hopefully you wrote em down. If not sorry bout your bad luck. I'm not letting my favorite spot become a dumpster. I have other spots too. It's hard to trust anyone, pm me for details.... Possibly.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went to the pit in Oso Thursday. No signs have been posted yet, but it looks like this is closed. The barriers have been removed, the ground has been filled and graded. It looks like several truck loads of tree stumps/branches have been dumped already.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:45 am

Damnit :( I was going to go there soon too.

Anybody know any other spots around that area? Driving to darrington is no problem if there are some decent spots up there.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:14 pm

Hey guys new to the forum but went down Cavanaugh road yesterday and everything looked fenced off. I saw this pit with a lot more stumps and a chain link fence built in front of it. Seems like you might be able to walk around it but i'd assume that it's there to keep people out. Every side road that leads to any other pits is fenced off by the logging companies. :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1:

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:12 pm

YungLeon wrote:
Hey guys new to the forum but went down Cavanaugh road yesterday and everything looked fenced off. I saw this pit with a lot more stumps and a chain link fence built in front of it. Seems like you might be able to walk around it but i'd assume that it's there to keep people out. Every side road that leads to any other pits is fenced off by the logging companies. :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1: :blackcloud1:

have a look at this group.

https://www.facebook.com/ForestAccessForAll/

there's a few of out there that are fighting with the parks department trying to get the gates taken down and access to our forests back.

i've lived here for around 30 years and have seen us lose access slowly but surely, when i was a kid in my first 4x4, there were hardly any gates up, now every dirt road is more or less blocked off exepct the ones that lead to popular hiking trails that the tree hugging hippy dippty city folks use.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]