Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Thinking of going to greenwater to shoot 

hey im going to be headed up to the pit in greenwater tomorrow and just wanted to know if anybody has been up there recently and make sure that it is open. let me know thanks

Sat May 04, 2013 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was up there last weekend. I would advise against using the main pit, idiots galore, and I'm reasonably sure you'd like to stay lead-free on your trip. If you head further up the road PAST the sudden right hand turn, you'll find more pits that may be unoccupied. The road is clear, snowline is still relatively low, but there are plenty of pits open.

Also, WELCOME TO WAGUNS!

welcomewgo

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat May 04, 2013 10:16 am
Profile WWW

Hey thanks for the info. yeah im not a fan of stupid people so ill probably take your advise and go further up the road.

Sat May 04, 2013 4:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hope you have a great time! Post up some pics!

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun May 05, 2013 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My friend and I went up there this morning and it wasn't as busy at all as I was expecting. We got to the main pit around 10AM and there was only one group there. They'd been up there since 6AM to try and avoid the rush and left about forty five minutes later because they were afraid less experienced shooters were going to show up as the day went on. One guy came by right as they left, and then also took off after firing maybe 50 rounds total. When my buddy and I left after about two hours (roughly noon), another guy had just shown up. We saw one car at the lower pit and I heard at one person up at the upper pit, but that was it. Nothing like the big crowd I was expecting.

Sun May 05, 2013 1:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's amazing, frankly. Every time I've been to or by the main pit it's been packed.

Mon May 06, 2013 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was out at the main pit again today and it was absolutely empty. I didn't hear anyone else shooting nearby during the hour and a half I was out there shooting the 22 lever action Henry I picked up recently.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was out there a few months back getting my girl to shoot. I guess I got lucky, cause the other group at the main pit was loudly calling for cease fires to change out targets. I left when a group of fucktards in half ACUs came out and set up their gear in front of the line on the left side berm.

Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]