Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Range 15 and Yelm 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ok so who knows about Range 15? can ya tell me something about it?

and i remember finding a place around Yelm to go shooting it was a members only type place that had targets out to something like 550 yards but i will be damed if i can find it again anyone know what i am talking about? not the upper nisqually(sp?) but another place closer to yelm :thumbsup2:

and i saw thishttp://www.waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6703 but is there any new news?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 am

As far as I know your weapons are supposed to be registered on post and you need a sponsor to shoot at range 15. As for the other range I think the one your thinking about is the one that WAcarry went to but I can't remember the name of it

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:30 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Went there a few times as a CIV with no problem till a short little man with personality issues turned me away. He was the "stand in" for the old timer who didn't give a fuck. I didn't want to bother someone to sponsor me so I left. Never been back.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

boostless wrote:
As far as I know your weapons are supposed to be registered on post and you need a sponsor to shoot at range 15. As for the other range I think the one your thinking about is the one that WAcarry went to but I can't remember the name of it

The one I went to is in PeEll about an hour and a half from Yelm.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the one i am thinking of had 550 yard range and they went out to 600 for special events :thumbsup2:

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 am

Range 15 is out to 300m...I think to 550/600 is at Upper Nisqually in Eatonville.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Range 15 is a no-go unless you are an ID card holder (Active/Guard/Reserve/Dependant/Retiree), or are sponsored by one. You are REQUIRED to register your weapons with the PMO on JBLM. Yes, they have started checking too. Rules are here => http://www.jblmmwr.com/nw_adv_ranges.html

Upper Nisqually is the 550/600m range. $ to shoot there though ($85/yr, with a $100 "initiation fee" the first year). Members only. (You can visit as a "guest" twice, if sponsored by a member... then it's join or GTFO). Located near Eatonville, ~30min drive from Yelm.

There is a spot about 10min from Yelm near Rainier/Tenino that's on the map. You can get ~250m, depending on how many people are there. Gets pretty busy on the weekends, but weekdays are pretty quiet there. There are plenty of other shooting spots in the vicinity of the Tenino one if you want to spend some time on google earth and don't mind hiking a little. There <may> or <may not> be steel out on a semi-permanent basis in one of those spots.

A gun's two worst enemies: rust and politicians.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if you're willing to go on a long drive, there is a range in vale, oregon that is 1,000 yards.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:
if you're willing to go on a long drive, there is a range in vale, oregon that is 1,000 yards.

icon_eek :whatthe: :thumbsdown: but thanks lol

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:13 am
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

There is a 2000 yard range, out side of Selah, Wa. Near Yakima. It is owned by WA.DNR. I think.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Wed May 01, 2013 12:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cootduster wrote:
There is a 2000 yard range, out side of Selah, Wa. Near Yakima. It is owned by WA.DNR. I think.

cootduster

Where?

"Sent Via Time Traveling Blue Police Box"

Wed May 01, 2013 2:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]