Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Anyone remember a pit near shelton... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I was in High school, we used to go out towards Shelton on hwy 3. There was some logging roads out there, and I recall going down one that was on the right hand side going from Allyn to Shelton. The road twisted a bit, but it eventually crossed over a solid bridge and crept uphill a little to a nice pit on the right hand side. Pit was within walking distance of the bridge. I remember seeing sheriffs up there shooting, and I know the road went further uphill from there. I've tried to find it again with no luck. I've found other places to shoot, but I'd really like to hike back in there and see it again. This would have been in the 90's, and even if I can't drive or shoot there now, I'd still like to hike in.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My memory puts it closer to benson lake, but I don't actually recall any lakes. Just woods, a river and a bridge. I remember a few curves right out of shelton, then hwy3 would drop a little and there would be two turn offs on the right. Driving down the second one would get you there. Though it's been 20 years now. I just can't remember it exactly.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]