Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Conditions at Waddell Creek? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was heading up to the "Triangle Pit" area to shoot on Sunday. Has anyone been there recently and knows what the conditions are like? Looking at Google Maps, the area looks promising, and the other reviews I've read on this site have been promising.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Conditions are good. Easy access right off of Waddell Creek Rd, usually plenty of parking and the weather should be decent on Sunday as well. Keep in mind
that it is a "Discovery Pass Required" area and if it's too crowded, there are other areas nearby.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup, the pit should be clear and the sun should be out!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Watch out for flying bullets and errant shots.

They don't call it "suicide pit" for nothing.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:29 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

General Nonsense wrote:
Watch out for flying bullets and errant shots.

They don't call it "suicide pit" for nothing.

Yes. This is why I dont go there much anymore. Was downrange in the middle of the pit abd someone started shooting at the edge. Guess where the ricochets go???? Morons.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

looking at the google maps, I see a few other pit-looking areas directly to the east, along the same access road. Are these also shooting areas? Would they be safer? If there's no one else there, then I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'd like to keep myself lead-free if at all possible.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

No snow until you get to the very top of C-Line past the triangle pit. I don't shoot at that pit unless nobody else is there, way too sketchy.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:19 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Captain90s wrote:
looking at the google maps, I see a few other pit-looking areas directly to the east, along the same access road. Are these also shooting areas? Would they be safer? If there's no one else there, then I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'd like to keep myself lead-free if at all possible.

You can't get to those, they are all closed and blocked off. The main reason is lack of backstop and it's on top of a bluff. If you click on SHOOTING MAPS on the top of this page you will see plenty of areas marked in Capitol Forest. Look for the honey holes.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

we're headed to honey hole 5 today

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trip turned out great. There were a bunch of people at the main pit, but a short hike up the dirt road found us at a smaller pit with a soil backstop rather than a half gravel pit. Broke in my new 9mm and fired my used AK-47 for the first time. Excellent performance by both. Definitely going back.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Great to hear!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]