Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Triangle pit 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So it begins.....
I was there shooting this morning, and the DNR patrol showed up (Nice guy!) I was talking to him, when a "neighbor" showed up. He asked if there was any plans to shut down the pit. DNR guy said no. Then the neighbor started spouting off about how with the logging going on the noise was pretty bad as the buffer was disappearing. Said he had lived in his house since 1980. Looking on google earth, the pit has been a pit since 1985 and the closest house is 3/4 of a mile away. I can imagine one could hear the shots, but at 3/4's of a mile, assuming he lived in the closest one, it can't be that loud!

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I used to live about 2 miles (as the crow flies) from the Pit and you can hear it pretty well on cold winter days. Not loud by any means, but very noticeable.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apples to oranges, but I live about 1.5 miles from the airport, between it and Southcenter. On days with thick, low clouds we can hear the planes throttling up for takeoff quite clearly. On clear days we don't hear anything. Environmental conditions definitely have an impact.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess my point was, if you knew there was an active shooting range, why buy a house there?

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kinda like the mushroom farm or the dump years ago.....it dont take a genius to look around and figure out whats in your vicinity

Was the DNR guy in a red truck or a tan one??

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I live 2 miles from Paul Bunyan and 3 from TSC, and you can here shots. Not inside, but if you are outside you can. I don’t care and I knew it was there BEFORE I moved in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

toys in the toybox wrote:
kinda like the mushroom farm or the dump years ago.....it dont take a genius to look around and figure out whats in your vicinity

Was the DNR guy in a red truck or a tan one??

Tan?

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the forrest wardens have a tan, gold, bronze ish metallic colored trucks. The wanker i used to work with and now patrols the woods for his job drives a red truck

So that would have been one of the gun toters, I was gonna say if it was red truck guy (60'ish balding and a good mustache and probably grumpy) to tell him to piss off, kurt said so

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I shot there once about 10 years ago and have never returned due to the Fukin idiots. Unsafe to say the least, there should be lifeguards there... icon_eek

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

toys in the toybox wrote:
the forrest wardens have a tan, gold, bronze ish metallic colored trucks. The wanker i used to work with and now patrols the woods for his job drives a red truck

So that would have been one of the gun toters, I was gonna say if it was red truck guy (60'ish balding and a good mustache and probably grumpy) to tell him to piss off, kurt said so

Navy vet? But it sounds like your friend except for the grumpy part, he seemed a good natured fellow to me.

Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yup

Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]