Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Shooting Ban Lifted 

FYI.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/wdfw-lifts-fire-restrictions-including-target-shooting-ban-most-department-managed-lands :thumbsup2:

Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

YAHOO!!! Now the bassturds that have infiltrated my honey hole can go back to raiding the Triangle pit!!! Fukkin corksuckers!!! :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:34 am

I like that honey hole, don't think I will ever go back to the Tri pit. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went to Elbe Hills a few days ago and though, it's now fall, and we had four days of rain so we should be good to go. It was still closed and there was a guy who was leaving who was a new gunner from Seattle who was told by DNR to leave (DNR boots on ground are great people following stupid orders).

Keeping public lands closed to target shooters forces people to go to other places where we may not want them to shoot.

BTW, Elbe Hills needs a cleanup. I've tried to coordinate in the past, but only got a few to go. Someone organized a Facebook group that got a lot of people. I would support.

Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DNR land is still closed to shooting: https://www.dnr.wa.gov/open

Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:56 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:

You are right. Ban is still in effect for DNR land. That's a bummer. :blackcloud1:

Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

abarth wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

You are right. Ban is still in effect for DNR land. That's a bummer. :blackcloud1:

I wrote an email to the northwest region explaining why they should re-open it now. Let's see if I get any response.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I also sent an email, everyone here should to...

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:16 pm

I was at Elbe last weekend. Spent 7 hours dragging a friend's rig out. He broke a steering knuckle so it had to come out of the Busywild on the C. That was interesting. Anyway, I talked to the DNR Warden and he said the shooting ban is still in place. Even he couldn't understand why. The ground is soggy and the grass stays wet even through the afternoon sun.

This weekend is a work party and I'm trying to make it up there for that. 100% chance of precipitation. Think they'll lift it by then?

This DNR shooting ban is starting to feel politically motivated.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you know which day? I assume Saturday at 9am? Maybe put it as a separate topic?

I'll be there with kids to help.

DNR is great, they provide bags, trucks just show up with rakes, etc

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting that, abarth! Yep, ban lifted as of today! Here's another link to DNR's website...

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/news/dnr-lift-temporary-shooting-ban-oct-8

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:41 pm

jackass wrote:
Do you know which day? I assume Saturday at 9am? Maybe put it as a separate topic?

I'll be there with kids to help.

DNR is great, they provide bags, trucks just show up with rakes, etc

Yes, Saturday.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally!

Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Iv been in elbe hills and tahoma state forest every weekend for 2 months never once saw a slow down of target shooters :doh1: I do my part of cleaning up...all brass and any high brass shotshells I pick them all for reloading and recycling. Usually pick a few bags of garbage from the big shooting areas but can't keep up when people bring in TVs and dryers to shoot at

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norman89 wrote:
Iv been in elbe hills and tahoma state forest every weekend for 2 months never once saw a slow down of target shooters :doh1: I do my part of cleaning up...all brass and any high brass shotshells I pick them all for reloading and recycling. Usually pick a few bags of garbage from the big shooting areas but can't keep up when people bring in TVs and dryers to shoot at

Ain't it the freakin truth, Norman. Chaps my butt to see the crap people shoot at! I'm sure some of it is just dumped garbage because they don't want to pay for the dump fees. Too bad shooters fill it full of bullet holes! Then it becomes trash that shooters brought out.

Sounds like you're a good steward that's helping to uphold the shooting sports by cleaning up what you can. Thanks, man! You make us all look good!

Funny how the shooting ban, on state lands, didn't slow down those who were determined to blow some lead. I saw a lot of shooters doing the same. It would be interesting to find out how many, if any, people received citations for shooting during the ban.
Bill

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next