Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Shooting Ban Lifted 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is capitol forest open...on their page the ban text has been removed from the top but is still there in the middle.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TNL wrote:
Norman89 wrote:
Iv been in elbe hills and tahoma state forest every weekend for 2 months never once saw a slow down of target shooters :doh1: I do my part of cleaning up...all brass and any high brass shotshells I pick them all for reloading and recycling. Usually pick a few bags of garbage from the big shooting areas but can't keep up when people bring in TVs and dryers to shoot at

Ain't it the freakin truth, Norman. Chaps my butt to see the crap people shoot at! I'm sure some of it is just dumped garbage because they don't want to pay for the dump fees. Too bad shooters fill it full of bullet holes! Then it becomes trash that shooters brought out.

Sounds like you're a good steward that's helping to uphold the shooting sports by cleaning up what you can. Thanks, man! You make us all look good!

Funny how the shooting ban, on state lands, didn't slow down those who were determined to blow some lead. I saw a lot of shooters doing the same. It would be interesting to find out how many, if any, people received citations for shooting during the ban.
Bill

I know a lot of people were asked to leave I see the patrol guys quite often they are usually happy to see me picking up and they like to tell me where they kicked people out of and left a pile of brass :bigsmile: the garbage comment.......it irks me to no end how many other states offer free dumping sites and free recycling/metal pick up but here you have to not only pay for it AND be taxed for or, and in some HOA,s you are REQUIRED to have garbage service :angryfire: if these were not the case I strongly believe our shooting areas of both dnr and forest service lands would be significantly cleaner. Also I think far more people need to say something when they see trash being brought in. This is how we lose access to these areas iv watched it happen all over peirce county growing up. And with little access to the hills and people not willing to pay dump fees now the garbage ends up on the side of the road! Bunch of mattresses on the side of alder cutoff, a new boat/trailer/car/truck/camper/travel trailer on the side of Orville every week, sometimes left in the damn road! And the police won't remove the crap it sits there and rots untill someone starts shooting it! Or a few locals have gotten smart and when they see this crap dumped they spray paint obscenities on them, which forces law enforcement to remove them due to public outcry. Garbage dumping is becoming a MASSIVE problem in this state and as long as people have trucks and a willingness to not pay the county a day of wages to get rid of there garbage I see it continuing to be a problem
. It will end up costing us more areas that we are free to practice our second amendment rights and it does not sit well with me

Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Before they stopped shooting at DNR lands, I've had three couples vie for my brass I was in the process of shooting at Elbe Hills. I had to shoo away one guy while I was shooting since he was in the way and other bozos from not going past the shooting line.

I was getting a small bucket a week of steel casings before they stopped, maybe I can start up again.

I try to grab some wood for outdoor fire use.

But you gotta stop people from shooting up appliances.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I do work parties at evans creek we can always get forest service to bring us up a dumpster for the weekend and we hand out day passes for anyone who picks up a bag full of garbage or helps with trail maintenance I would sure like to know who to contact for dnr so we could organize the same dumpster for elbe hills and we could have it cleaned up in no time. Plenty of people hate to see the mess like me and want it cleaned up. I think next weekend I'll bring up my roller magnet to dispose of the steel cases. Scrap prices are in the tank but when the casings are ankle deep in spots it becomes a safety hazard to anyone wanting to use the shooting area. Not to mention all the broken blasted glass beer bottles. I won't let my young boys wander around the back area while we pick brass I don't need any hospitals trips from a kid falling on broken glass. And it all can be prevented if people just gave a dam.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
Before they stopped shooting at DNR lands, I've had three couples vie for my brass I was in the process of shooting at Elbe Hills. I had to shoo away one guy while I was shooting since he was in the way and other bozos from not going past the shooting line.

I was getting a small bucket a week of steel casings before they stopped, maybe I can start up again.

I try to grab some wood for outdoor fire use.

But you gotta stop people from shooting up appliances.

Just FYI I won't pick brass when ANYONE is shooting. That's a big no no to me. Don't disturb anyone with a gun is a good policy to not getting shot :bigsmile: specially since I always have my 2 young boys with me, gotta learn range safety before they go around others that probably arnt paying attention to kids just wanting to play around

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am

redstar wrote:
Is capitol forest open...on their page the ban text has been removed from the top but is still there in the middle.

My son and I went out to the Capitol Forest on Monday afternoon. It is open for shooting again.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2