Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Outdoor shooting spots in or around Snohomish County? 

Anyone know of any Outdoor shooting spots in or around Snohomish County?
I'm just looking for a nice quiet simple place to shoot my 9mm and a box of shotgun shells. I can clean up my mess after I'm done.
I use to go to a place in granite falls where you drive down mountain loop hwy and take a right just over the bridge and drive up this long dirt road a few miles, but I heard that place is now closed and blocked off for shooting.. I drove way past that the other day looking for a place somewhere on the side of the road, but I seen nothing but trails and camping spots..
Anyone know of any places I can go shoot a couple boxes? some place maybe you know of recently that hasn't been blocked off yet with no shooting signs..

Glock 19 Gen4 - Trijicon Night Sights - Hornady 9mm FTX - Remington 870 Police Magnum - Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps Gen 2 RRS - Wilson Combat 2 shot extension - Mesa Tactical 4 shot shell carrier w/ Picatinny rail - Kahr CW380

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you go out towards "Hillbilly Heaven" aka Darrington, there are several spots along the Forest Service roads where shooting is OK. Just remember though, with the Fire Danger at a Super Extreme, you may find that many lands have been closed. Best to check with Sheriff's Office or DNR to see if there isn't a general closure in effect until rain starts showing up. Most private logging co's have closed their lands to public access due to the fire danger.

Check first. It might save a long drive for nothing or a hassle when confronted by a LEO.

Right now, it might be cheaper when you factor in the gas to just go to the Norpoint Range at 172nd and Hwy 9, pay the range fee and shoot away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:01 am

deadshot2 wrote:
If you go out towards "Hillbilly Heaven" aka Darrington, there are several spots along the Forest Service roads where shooting is OK. Just remember though, with the Fire Danger at a Super Extreme, you may find that many lands have been closed. Best to check with Sheriff's Office or DNR to see if there isn't a general closure in effect until rain starts showing up. Most private logging co's have closed their lands to public access due to the fire danger.

Check first. It might save a long drive for nothing or a hassle when confronted by a LEO.

Right now, it might be cheaper when you factor in the gas to just go to the Norpoint Range at 172nd and Hwy 9, pay the range fee and shoot away.

+1

Sound Advice. It cost me over $40 in gas to go shooting @ Sedro-Woolley, but then again I was driving the Truck, and that darn 318 V-8 is thirsty! (15 MPG at Best)

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:22 pm

deadshot2 wrote:
If you go out towards "Hillbilly Heaven" aka Darrington, there are several spots along the Forest Service roads where shooting is OK.

What road is the best road to take out of town to find a decent spot?

Glock 19 Gen4 - Trijicon Night Sights - Hornady 9mm FTX - Remington 870 Police Magnum - Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps Gen 2 RRS - Wilson Combat 2 shot extension - Mesa Tactical 4 shot shell carrier w/ Picatinny rail - Kahr CW380

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd go in to town and ask around. Can't remember if they have any sproting goods, gun, outfitter type stores but a gas station might give you a start. Or a coffee shop, restaurant.

When looking for a new area I do this and often get the "well, if you drive out such and such a road for about 4-5 miles" answer.

It's getting real tough unless you go into the national forest area as just about every piece of private land and any county land is CLOSED.

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm

ok thanks
How do I tell what land is what and is owned by who and in what areas?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Simplejack wrote:
ok thanks
How do I tell what land is what and is owned by who and in what areas?

Check out the No Shooting area map that Snohomish County publishes. It will show all the NF Land. Also, if you run across a clear cut or gravel pit that doesn't have any signs posted, check the map. Unfortunately, a GPS is almost becoming a requirement. A map and a GPS make for pretty good "Citation Insurance" if you can show any LEO that comes along that you are in an area that's not prohibited.

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]