Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Pits in Snohomish county?

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Hey guys,

I haven't been to a pit in years, I used to go to a pit up in Darrington but heard that and the pits my father used in monroe have all closed.

I have a 30-06 I need to get sighted in and a girlfriend I need to get comfortable using handguns is there a pit in Snohomish county that's still open?

I bring trash bags and try to pack out more trash than I make every trip.

If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it. Heading out of Lynnwood and would like to keep the drive under 2+ hours if possible.

Re: Pits in Snohomish county?

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:56 am

Not a pit but a range. You can drive to Plantation Range 1h north of Lynnwood. They seem to be mostly open at 50% to keep social distancing. Check them out http://www.whatcomcounty.us/1931/Plantation-Rifle-Range

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:22 am

Welcome to WaGuns, Matt!

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:40 am

Thanks for the heads up on plantation! I've been looking for a decent rifle range for weeks and was about ready to give up.

How far from Lynnwood would I guy have to go to find a pit?

I just got a desert eagle and I really want to blow some melons to bits!

I heard there was a pit near Duvall that has a half mile or so hike from the gate?

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:50 am

Thank you MadPick!

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:53 am

Mattthere are three pits open to the public in Darrington, you just need the Discovery Pass. I generally take my grandson put every weekend from when the snow goes away in the spring until the snow returns in the winter.
I will be taking him out this afternoon if you want to follow us up to the pit.
If today doesn't work maybe next weekend. We will probably head up there around 4pm today, i have some stuff I need to get done today before I head up there.
Besides shooting this afternoon I beed to get a little bit of firewood to smoke some fish we caught yesterday down at Mossyrock Lake.

Welcome to the forum.

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:20 am

Unfortunately I work pretty extreme hours on the weekends so it will take a bit of planning on my part for timing. I can probably get a weekend off in about two or three weeks if you guys will be going back up there around then!

That's awesome, sounds like you guys have a pretty sweet weekend routine!

Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 am

I will pm you, do you have any week days off?
Post a reply