Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Re: darrington,wa pits 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Howdy Pat, looks like you guys are always having a good time up there.
Sorry but can’t plan anything for the near future, needed around the house.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This will be a fun get together. Once we get together and get this first clean up/shooting meet up done I will plan a better one with a BBQ.
Thank you to every one that will be there and who wanted to be there but couldn't.
Pat

Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A big thanks to Pat for organizing this little shing-ding and to all the others who helped out. It was fun meeting all of you. There were at least eight of us, maybe ten. Plus a few locals who helped haul out bags of trash and quite a bit of metal.

This was my first time to a pit and I really enjoyed it. Perfect weather and a great spot. But seeing all the trash at first really pissed me off. The lack of respect and disregard for the land is really fucked and depressing. Of course, I'm just preaching to the choir here but I was shocked at the crap people leave behind.

Anyway, put about 25 rounds thru the mossberg before I had to head home. Also fired some rounds from a beautiful AR with titanium suppressor which was a hoot. I'm so bad with names I don't remember who it was- but to the member who took the time to show me the gun and allow me to shoot it, thank you.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 8.07.38 PM.png

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 8.07.52 PM.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:20 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like you guys had a heck of a day! That’s awesome.

And ZCDC ... yup, you nailed it as far as trash and irresponsible people. Thank you, guys, for doing more than your part today. I think that’s the best thing we can do, keep doing more than our share and setting the right example for others. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wrote up a story on this, DoveRelease, and posted it to the Trash No Land Facebook page. Sometime today or tomorrow, I'll include it in the blog page and those who don't do FB can find it there. For now, here's a copy of the Facebook post, which also included you photos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six Target Shooting Stewards take charge of their favorite place! Another shooter pays the dump fee!!!

On Saturday, July 18th, at a gravel pit Northwest of Darrington, WA, six dedicated target shooters joined forces in cleaning up their favorite place to shoot.

Long time shooting enthusiast, Pat from Arlington, WA, put out a call for help in cleaning up the pit and enjoy some shooting fun when done. Five others joined in and got it done. One gentleman brought his young son and another drove from Sedro-Wooley. They spent about two hours picking up the trash.

"We were working on the lower pit and there was two guys shooting steel up in the upper pit", Pat said. "One of our guys went up there and asked them if they could either move their steel targets to the right or hold off shooting at them for a little bit. When they asked why, he told them we were doing a pit clean up and we were at the back of the pit and there was a chance of the bullets deflecting down where we were picking up trash. He offered to haul the trash away when they were done shooting. There had to of been a dozen big bags of trash and a bunch of metal. It filled his truck up and he had to strap it down. He was offered cash for the dump fee and declined."

Well done Pat and crew! Thank you for your stewardship!

#StewardshipKeepsItOpen! #CleanUpToShoot! #TrashNoLand!

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good on ya Pat for setting this up and the others for lending a hand!!! :thumbsup2:
Nice write up Bill, thanks for all you do. :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Caveman Jim wrote:
Good on ya Pat for setting this up and the others for lending a hand!!! :thumbsup2:
Nice write up Bill, thanks for all you do. :thumbsup2:

:plusone:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have it posted to the Trash No Land Blog page. I also reported on my activity this weekend in the Tillamook State Forest.

Send me a note if you do a Random Act of Cleanup when you're out shooting! It's important for forest agencies to know you did it and it's important the general public sees how responsible gun owners are!

Happy reading!

The Darrington cleanup: https://trashnoland.blogspot.com/2020/07/a-snohomish-county-shooting-pit-gets.html

No Shooting signs posted: https://trashnoland.blogspot.com/2020/07/to-shoot-or-not-to-shoot-someone-please.html

Surprise at Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes: https://trashnoland.blogspot.com/2020/07/special-shooting-lanes-are-well-cared.html

Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey you guys, I got a response back from DNR near Darrington about your cleanup! Here's a copy/paste of what he said...

Hello Bill!

My name is Mark Arneson, I am one of the district managers that works for the Department of Natural Resources in the Darrington Area.

WOW! Thank you so much for sending this along. It’s great to see and hear of these positive stories about target shooting.

It’s also wonderful to see recreation users that love their sport helping keep opportunities open for current and future generations.

If there are things I can do to help make any future clean up events a little easier please let me know. My contact information is below.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Mark Arneson
Clear Lake District Manager
Northwest Region
Washington Department of Natural Resources
360-770-4570 (cell)
mark.arneson@dnr.wa.gov

Again, way to go folks! I'm also seeing a positive response to your story on the Trash No Land Facebook page! 43 'Likes', 7 comments and 1 share. People love what you guys did! Nice work!

Bill

Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saturday's clean up was a huge success. We had members from here and from Northwest Firearms attend. We all met at the Dollar Store/Grocery Outlet in Arlington at 8am and then drove to the pit. We picked up & bagged a lot of garbage and a lot of steel items.
A big thank you to every one who attended.
It took about two hours of time to get the lower pit cleaned up. We had people from Seattle to Sedro-Wooley come and help out. It was fun meeting fellow gun forum members and doing something good for one of our shooting spots.
We focused on trash mainly, the next few weekends I will focus on the shotgun hulls and steel rifle & pistol cases.

This past saturday we bagged up a whole truck load of garbage and steel scrape. There were two guys shooting in the upper pit, when they were done shooting they hauled all of the garbage and metal.items away and they covered the transfer fees for the load of garbage.

I collected every ones phone numbers, i will contact them for the next clean up in the upper pit and refresh the lower pit.

I,m thinking on the next clean up for the upper pit on Saturday August 22nd. Same time, meet up at 8am. I will take my full size truck with side racks on. I will supply coke, sprite & water on ice again and will have some Budweiser on ice for aftetwards.
Now the guys that helped out have a new clean place to shoot now.

A big THANK YOU to every one that helped out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TNL wrote:
Hey you guys, I got a response back from DNR near Darrington about your cleanup! Here's a copy/paste of what he said...

Hello Bill!

My name is Mark Arneson, I am one of the district managers that works for the Department of Natural Resources in the Darrington Area.

WOW! Thank you so much for sending this along. It’s great to see and hear of these positive stories about target shooting.

It’s also wonderful to see recreation users that love their sport helping keep opportunities open for current and future generations.

If there are things I can do to help make any future clean up events a little easier please let me know. My contact information is below.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Mark Arneson
Clear Lake District Manager
Northwest Region
Washington Department of Natural Resources
360-770-4570 (cell)
mark.arneson@dnr.wa.gov

Again, way to go folks! I'm also seeing a positive response to your story on the Trash No Land Facebook page! 43 'Likes', 7 comments and 1 share. People love what you guys did! Nice work!

Bill

That’s awesome that they notice. :thumbsup2:

I’m going to clean up my two pits on Green Diamond property in Thurston county this Saturday. I’m trying to find an employee that I met a few months ago while picking brass & cleaning up to get access through the gate for loading the crap.
Will do you have any contacts with green diamond?

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
[quote=I’m going to clean up my two pits on Green Diamond property in Thurston county this Saturday. I’m trying to find an employee that I met a few months ago while picking brass & cleaning up to get access through the gate for loading the crap.
Will do you have any contacts with green diamond?

Here's what I got, Jim. No specific contact name, but I got this info from onXmaps.

GREEN DIAMOND RESOURCE CO
215 N 3RD ST SHELTON, WA 98584-3503

A search on the web came up with this:

Corporate Headquarters
1301 Fifth Avenue Suite 2700
Seattle, WA 98101-2613
(206) 224-5800

Northwest Timberlands Division
215 North Third
Shelton, WA 98584
(360) 426-3381
pcase@greendiamond.com

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim
How bad are the pits you shoot at? These rwo conneted pits were trashed but not as bad as some I have seen.
You should schedule a weekend clean up and you should get some help.
With the guys that came & helped out it took.us a couple of hours on the one pit. If It would of took me a couple of weekends Saturday and Sunday all day long if I did all of that work by myself.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
Jim
How bad are the pits you shoot at? These rwo conneted pits were trashed but not as bad as some I have seen.
You should schedule a weekend clean up and you should get some help.
With the guys that came & helped out it took.us a couple of hours on the one pit. If It would of took me a couple of weekends Saturday and Sunday all day long if I did all of that work by myself.

Pat, I have a cleanup scheduled for this Saturday. One pit will take the majority of the time since a group cleaned up the other pit a week ago. Here is the thread I started.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=110986

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Mason up to the Darrington pit last Sunday for the day. My friend Bill from Sedro-Wolley came down for about six hours. . I took a 410 bolt action, a 20 gauge double barrel, and a 12 gauge pump.
I bought some clay pigeons and mason had his first trap shooting day.
He did good concidering his age and his first time shooting at a moving target.
He liked the 20 gauge double barrel the best.
I changed the scope on the Remington 788 in 223 caliber and sighted it in. I put a leupold on it, I might switch it over to a 3X9 Redfield.
I picked up all the shotgun hulls in the upper pit and a bucket of steel rifle & pistol cases.

Bill was going yo drive fown to the lower pit from the upper pit and got high centered. It took a little work to get his truck unstuck.

We will.be going back up there later today, probably around 4pm.
If any one is interested in going up there today send me a PM.

I need to go.hit walmart up to grap a couple boxes of 20 shotgun shells. .

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next