Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Re: darrington,wa pits 

does anyone car pool from Beacon/Seattle City area to the pits?

Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I doubt many people e from Seattle even know where the Darrington pits are let alone driving that far to shoot.
They are easy to find but the 435th pit it a decent drive on the forest service roads to get to and there is one steep really rutted up section that most people will not drive threw.
I wouldn't drive a car there? But people do.
I took my grandson shooting to the 435thpit two weeks ago and there was a guy shooting steel targets in the upper pit and we had the lower pit to ourselves.
I pickedup around thirteen gallons of spent shotgun hulls and about a gallon of spent steel rifle & pistol cases.
I also picked up fifteen pounds of brass mostly 9mm & 223.
Then last Saturday I bought another five hundred pounds of lead and fifty pounds of range brass. Two days ago ibought another 130 pounds of lead. .

My phone had an issue taking pictures at the pit, but after getting it looked at I tookpicturs of the trash I picked up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:42 pm

Hey Patrick, is the 435th Darrington DNR pit? Oddly it says closed but last time I swung by, someone was doing drills on steel in upper pit. I didn't see any no shooting signs and the DNR sign was still there, just swiss cheesed

Also, what do you do with all the old cases?

Last edited by ErrlWorx556 on Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The pit is open for shooting, we went up there today for four hours. We had the lower pit to ourselves again. There different groups came & left in the upper pit and when we rolled up our stuff another truck came into the upper pit to shoot.
I took a bunch of gallon milk jugs filled with water for my grandson to shoot.
I picked up what shotgun hulls was in the lower pit that still had the steel left on them.about half a bucket of shotgun hulls and a five gallon bucket and half a five gallon bucket of steel rifle and pistol cases and about a gallon of brass. Mostly 223 and 380.

We went to the small pit over on the Suiattle River Road about a month ago and shot there for half a day.
The shotgun hulls and trash I put it in bags and drop it over into a friend's dumpster .
The steep rifle and pistol cases and any other metal I dump in my friends recycle dumpster or in the steel recycle dumpster over at the Arlington transfer station.

One of these days when there isn't anyone in the upper pit we'll get that one picked up again. I'm surprised the scrappers haven't went to the put to grab all the metal people left there to shoot at.
If gas wasn't so expensive I'd take my big truck up there and grab the steel. But at $5 a gallon and seven miles to the gallon that isn't going to happen.
I miss Trump and $2.39 gas.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are heading up to one of the pits up in Darrington so Mason can shoot for a couple of hours and pick up some more trash.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was good talking to you last night Patrick. Y’all have fun out there shooting.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday afternoon we went to the 435th Ave pit. Mason got to shoot for four hours. He shot the 357 Ruger GP100 and the 223 H&R Handi-Rifle. He was shooting milk jugs full of water shooting right handed and left handed and hit the jugs both ways.
The 223 He kept the grouping to with in a quarters.
I took a bunch of 16 Oz water bottles filled with tap water and he was hitting them with the revolver as well.

When we got to the pit there was three trucks in the upper pit shooting.
We had the lower pit all to ourselves. I picked up all the shotgun hulls in the lower pit, when they left the upper pit I went up there and picked up all of the shotgun hulls. I have been working on these two pits now for a few years and finely reached the light at the end og the tunnel. I picked up most of the steel rifle and pistol cases in the lower pit, now I'll have more time to focus on them. It won't take long to get them picked up then I'll get going on the upper pit.

I need to get reloading more ammo for our next trip.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice job, both of you!

The 6” GP100 is one of my favorite revolvers. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 6 inch GP100 is my favorite revolver, I bought a 4 inch GP100 in 327 Federal magnum.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Mason back up to the 435th Ave pit this morning so he could shoot for a few hours. When we got there the top pit was occupied but two guys in two trucks so we grabbed the lower pit. A friend had his ten year old grandson and met up up there.
They came a half a hour after we got there so after I set our table up and folding chairs & target I pickedup shotgun hulls again. While we took breaks in shooting I got all of the shotgun hulls picked up, another five gallons of them . I had both the lower pit and the upper pit all cleaned up last Sunday..

The weather was very pleasant for April, around sixty degrees and mostly sunny.
It should get better every week that goes by.

Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:25 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

DoveRelease wrote:
I got all of the shotgun hulls picked up, another five gallons of them . I had both the lower pit and the upper pit all cleaned up last Sunday..

:cussing:

Why are people so damned sloppy?!!

Thank you, Patrick and Mason, for consistently taking the high road. :bow:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it wasn't for the shooting pits Mason wouldn't be a good shot that he is.
People always take trash to shoot at and leave their garbage there including their shotgun hulls and steel rifle and pistol cases.

Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good on you Patrick!!!

We finished up an early Easter dinner, I talked Mrs. Caveman into going to my pit to help me pick brass, I rarely have to pick up trash anymore. I’ve pretty much run off the slob shooters there.
To my surprise there wasn’t any fresh signs of activity and no brass since I’d been there Saturday afternoon. Since it was a nice day I turned onto the logging road by the ORV Park and headed up to the Lytle pit near Porter. Hearing someone shooting there we drove past it to another known shooting area and found a lot of .22lr, 9mm and some .308. Not hearing any shots for over 5 minutes we headed up to the pit and was in awe of the pile of brass in two places. There was probably 1k 9mm & a couple hundred 223, 300BLK and 308. icon_eek icon_eek

I generally do not go to this pit because of the massive amount of trash that people leave and I am not able to clean up like I used to. I cannot fathom how people can willingly be slobs, pigs and just downright disgusting individuals.

I’m probably going to set up a pit clean up there one weekend in May, I’ll start leaving signs up there the next weekend I go up there.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:36 pm

How bad is the drive up to the pit from the 435 road? Would a Toyota Tacoma be able to make it up?

Tue May 03, 2022 8:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Avkashm01 wrote:
How bad is the drive up to the pit from the 435 road? Would a Toyota Tacoma be able to make it up?

Welcome to WaGuns!

welcomewgo

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue May 03, 2022 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next