Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Re: darrington,wa pits 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was out at my pit this afternoon, low and behold there was no trash, very little steel cases and a good bit of brass for my troubles. It’s all good even if there isn’t any brass for me to pick up.
I think I have the use of this place whipped into shape pretty much and I know that there are some members that pick up the slobs slack.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

DoveRelease wrote:
Went to the 435th pit around 3pm on Saturday and picked up five gallons of shotgun hulls and about five gallons of steel rifle and pistol cases and a gallon of brass.

Holy hell . . . it just never stops, does it?!

Kudos to you, Patrick.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a never ending scenario, there will always be shotgun hulls and steel rifle and pistol cases to pick up.
My oldest son want to get into reloading shotgun so when I get home I dump some hulls into a shallow cardboard box and pick out the good ones.
Once I get a good bunch of them together I will see what's the cheapest way to ship them to him.

It was a peaceful afternoon. Had a nice chat with Scruffy about our upcoming hunting trips.
I bought the airline tickets for me & Mason for two weeks of small game hunting in New York.
The last two weeks of October.
Then I bought a airline ticket for myself to go deer hunting for a month.
We should end up with twelve deer tags between myself and my brother.

We are going to clean up on the deer this year.
We should have a bunch of deer to give to family & friends..

It was a very relaxing afternoon up to the pit.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Mason up to the three pits up in Darrington late last Sunday, there was two groups of guys at the large Suiattle River Road pit shooting.
We took a walk in and talked with them a few minutes then went to the small Suiattle River Road pit. There was three younger guys shooting there. Stopped and talked with them a couple of minutes.
Then we went to the 435th Ave pit. Both pits were being used so we took a ride down to the camping spot down at the Stilly river for half an hour then back up to the pits. Both parties were gone. An older guy stopped and started picking up brass in the lower pit. We took the upper pit. Mason got to do a little shooting and I picked up about half a gallon of brass to add to the mix.
I did buy eighty-five pounds of brass a couple of weeks ago to go through and get separated.
Didn't get a chance to take any pictures this trip.
We might get out shooting again this coming Saturday then next Friday we take off for our two weeks of small game hunting back in Upstate New York.
I stopped by Bellaire Shuttle and bought our shuttle tickets for the ride to Seatac.
Plus I bought my shuttle ride for my deer hunting trip November 17th and return December 14th.
By the time I picked up the brass it was getting dark and we had to get going on home. No time to pick up shotgun hulls and steel rifle and pistol cases. Next weekend I'll pick up a bunch.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pat, I applaud your tenacity to keep at it!!!

I have taken an interesting path concerning my area, so due to the constant competition with the tweekers for what brass is left, I’m not on a regular schedule as I was in the past. I’ve been fortunate enough to have had it pretty much all to myself before this Dempanic screwed everything up.

Good luck to you and Mason during the small game season in NY. :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Mason back to Upstate New York the last two weeks of October for squirrel hunting and a week of fisher trapping.
He connected on a bunch of squirrels and on the trapping we caught two fishers and a red fox.

We came back on the 31st and then I went back to Upstate New York for a month of deer hunting.

When I returned the weather wasn't that great to get up to Darrington and now the snow came on so we are probably done going up there until good weather in the spring.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Mason up to Darrington today just before noon to get some shooting in. It was a bust, they still have close to a foot of snow on the ground. The 435th pit would be almost impossible to get to.

We went overto the Suaittle River Road and there was just a single tire ice covered rut in the snow up to the pits.
Having a two wheel drive ranger pick up I didn't want to take a chance of getting stuck so we turned around and went back home.
Time to get some reloading done until it melts up there.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Mason up to the small pit this morning up on the Suiattle River Road, Darrington.
He got to shoot for three hours, 223 AR15, 357mag Ruger GP100, 22lr Ruger Single-six and the 20 gauge Steven's double barrel.

Finally the snow receded alot and we were able to dive to the two pits up there.
We haven't tried going to the 435th Ave pit yet. Maybe next Sunday.
I bought a twelve pack of Safewayr soda for targets.
Once the sun got high it warmed right up and the sweaters came off.
I did pick up fifty pounds of old shotgun hulls.

Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:20 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, sounds like a fun day, and obviously a pretty view along the way!

Fifty freaking pounds … wow. That’s a lot of mostly plastic.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is still atleast double that there then all of the steel rifle & pistol cases.

Is is nice up there, I like going to the other pit off of 435th Ave.
But the small pit we went is so small if you are there you have it to yourself.
You should come up and go shooting with us some weekend when the weather get a little better.

Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
There is still atleast double that there then all of the steel rifle & pistol cases.

Is is nice up there, I like going to the other pit off of 435th Ave.
But the small pit we went is so small if you are there you have it to yourself.
You should come up and go shooting with us some weekend when the weather get a little better.

It is definitely a beautiful place!!!

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll third that!

Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Mason up shooting to the Darrington pits on February 19th. Both of the pits on the Suiattle River Road were occupied so we went to another area to shoot. Not much traffic at this location. It was a cold windy afternoon up there. We got there at 1pm and stayed for three hours. Mason shot the new AR15, the 357mag Ruger GP100 and the 22lr Single-Six and the 20 gauge Steven's side side double barrel with rifled slugs.
We give it up when he started to get cold. I did manage to pick up some spent shotgun hulls while there.
I filled up some gallon milk jugs with water and added red food coloring to the water . They explode with the deer slugs.

Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:07 am

Where is this Pat?

Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is another pit that is out of the way that doesn't get to much traffic..I don't go there to much. I picked most to the shotgun hulls up two weeks ago. If everyone found out about it the trash would pile up. I have only took two people there. I go there as a last resort and don't really want to disclose where it is.
I can have this pit picked up next time out there.
The 435th Ave pit and the two pits on the Suiattle River Road are a full time job picking up trash.

Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next