Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Re: darrington,wa pits 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Folks, this right here is what I’m looking forward to with my two granddaughters. They will be excellent Americans, fishers and shooters before I am planted. :wink05:

Attachment:
3DE4128C-303D-4FD5-ACC9-A09794E8F77A.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, I will be getting us teeshirts made up with me & Mason on the front walking just like in that picture and that picture on the back.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s awesome Pat!!! :wagwoot:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

DoveRelease wrote:
Jim, I will be getting us teeshirts made up with me & Mason on the front walking just like in that picture and that picture on the back.

We're gonna need pics!

And keep a fair amount of sand in your hourglass. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tuesday morning a guy on the Northwest Firearms Forum came over to check out how to set dies up and to get a little loading under his belt. He ordered a Lee press kit and is waiting on it to come in and was asking questions some questions so I invited him up to get some hands on loading.

After we set up the 357 Sig and 40 Caliber dies we loaded some up to take up to Darrington to shoot. We left the house around 2pm and feturned home around 7.30.
I should of to some pictures but didn't. He shot with Mason while I picked up about six gallons of steel rifle & pistol cases, nails, screws and other metal objects.

He brought his 357 Sig and a 40 Caliber HK and s AK in 223.
We took a 7.62x39, Glock 17 - 9mm and a Ruger 77/22lr.
It was a fun day, time goes by so fast.

I needed to change out our hot water tank, fix the rotted floor and move the washer & dryer.
Today I got the old tank out, cut the floor our, installed a new dryer vent (swiched where it exits the house, different wall) did some reframing on the floor joist and got a layer of sub-floor in.

Tomorrow I need to get the floor up to grade, do a little wall framing. Put new electric outlets in for the 220 dryer and an outlet for the washer and run some new plumbing for the wash maching, water & drain.
Then run to Lowes for a new electric hot water tank and a few things I will need to get it installed. I'm glad I can do all of the work myself.
Tomorrow after I get it done it will be Budwieser time.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took Mason up to the Darrington pit yesterday afternoon so he could shoot the AK47 and the Ruger 77/22 then ride his mini-bike. There was a young couple in the lower pit shooting a couple of pistols and an original M1 Carbine.
My little ranger pick up cashed in it's chips last week close to 400,000 miles on it so I am driving my 87 Ford F250 4x4 with a 460 & auto tranny. About 8 miles per gallon.
We got to the pit at 5:30 and left at 8:30.
I did pick up a small amount of brass and eight gallons of steel rifle & pistol cases.
I picked up a cargo carrier that goes into the 2 inch reciever to haul masons mini bike on. They took the 2 inch tubing off of it so I need to pick up some 2 inch tubing to install on it before we can use it.
After I get it fixed I will have an empty truck and will pick up all of the steel up in the pit and on the way in and take it to the transfer station to recycle it.
We seen a deer on the way out, that hardly ever happens.
I need another small pick up here shortly. I will probably pick one up for $1,500 to $2,000.

It was dark before we got back out on to 530 by the Shell gas station. When We got home we unloaded his mini bike, got a fire going in the fire pit and i had a few Budweisers.

It was a fun little outing for Mason.
He can't wait until next weekend to go back up there.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Used to snowmobile and have mountain bonfires up that hill, left at the station, growing up in Arlington.
Seventies and early eighties was a good time to grow up in a small town. We could do the things that small town kids did back then, and no get locked up or hurt anyone.
Good memories in Arlington, Oso, Bryant, Darrington areas. Lot's of partying with lessons in hard work and integrity. Although still hate an never again, loading hay, peeling Cascara bark and picking berries for pocket change.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Darrington area has a lot to offer for recreation. Miles & miles of open forest service to seek out and enjoy. This year we will try some trout fishing up there. To bad the junkyards won't take scrap cars with out a title, they are starting to liter the area with them. If thecweather is decent tomorrow we will be going back up.there tomorrow so.my grandson can do some shooting, ride his mini bike and i san pick up some more trash.
I need to grab some more plastic buckets from Safeway so I can fill them up w>th gravel and start to fill in some of the pot holes in the road on the way out.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:19 am

I'd love to come out soon on a weekend to shoot with you guys! Been looking for a spot that's easier to drive up to as opposed to having to haul gear/targets a mile in.

I'm sure I have some stuff your grandson hasn't shot before that he could have some fun with. Would be cool to have a group out there for a day of shooting, cleaning up and grilling.

Sat May 01, 2021 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DBG
I will be taking my grandson up to the pit tomorrow around noon maybe 1 oclock if you can make it.
I will be picking up some metal trash on the way in that some one threw out and clean up some metal at the pit then pick up steel rifle & pistol cases as well while my grandson does a little shooting and riding on his mini bike.
We took the grandkids to the zoo in Seattle this afternoon and will be taking them to the beach on Camano Island early tomorrow morning.

A trip up to Darrington will be a pleasant trip to finish off the day.
If you want to go tomorrow let me know and I will set up a place to meet up.

There is one bad spot on the way in that is rutted up kind of bad from the jack asses with thier ass wipe 4x4s.
A car can make it by straddling the ruts.
I picked up a bunch of buckets at safeway to fill up with gravel and dump in the ruts on the way out. I will go throw the round point shovel.in the truck right now so I don't forget it.
After 60 you mind starts to go to hell.
After 50 your hearing starts to go to hell.
After 40 your eye sight starts to go to hell.

Sat May 01, 2021 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, those are adorable pics :thumbsup2:

Sat May 01, 2021 7:48 pm

I probably can't make it out there today, but I'll keep an eye on this thread and come out for the next one!

P.S. great zoo pics! Looks like the kids had a great time.

Sun May 02, 2021 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We went to the pit late Sunday afternoon. We left the house at 3:15 and left the pit close to 8;30.
Mason split his time between shooting and riding his mini bike.
I picked up a couple of buckets of steel rifle & pistol casesand some larger metal items then picked up the big pieces of metal people shot up.
I had some scrap at the house and finished up the load with what I had here for a trip to Skagit Recycleing.
We we were ready to leave i filled up a bunch of plastic buckets with gravel and filled up two pot holes then went back to the pit & refilled the buckets again and filled up two more pot holes.
Four down and a thousand more to go.

I will be putting another clean up day here shortly & let you guys know what day it will be.

Tue May 04, 2021 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
I will be putting another clean up day here shortly & let you guys know what day it will be.

Please do! I'd love to pitch in.

Tue May 04, 2021 10:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You call the shots on time and date, Pat, and I'll try my best to be there!

Wed May 05, 2021 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next