Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Capital Forest 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://maps.app.goo.gl/CQvcfLi4xh3MzjY27

Took a drive today with my dogs and without guns. I went to my favorite spot in capital forest to see if it was open. Not only was it open but it was super cleaned up and nobody was here. In fact my whole drive up the e-line I haven't seen any people or vehicles. Something doesn't feel right. All my googling seems to indicate the forest is open. Anyone familiar with this pit ? Not sure if it is on the Waguns shooting map. Hopefully my pin drop link works. Love it up here but something is really off. People should be here shooting and recreating.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you forget what year this is? Things are different now! :bigsmile: Twilight Zone?

(no, I don't know what's going on, but I'm sure someone will post a reply. Looks great though!)

Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was out there last week doing ammo testing over a few days and my usual spot from 2 years ago, Perry Quarry, is behind locked gates with no shooting signs up. Drove around to find a safe place to shoot and saw more no shooting signs at locations with no backstops. On my 3rd trip, I saw some people picking berries/taking pics but that was it for people beyond the ATV/motorcycles at the rock candy trailhead.

47.041519, -123.048001

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the gate is open you’re good to go. You just got lucky. Every time I’ve been there in the past 2 months it’s been packed

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the past like 3 to 5 years ago, it was not gated . Then a few years ago the large yellow gate went up and they had rock equipment up there doing there thing so it was a no go for that time period. Now, there isn't any gate at all and no equipment. So I agree it is a good to go pit. It just is so damn cleaned up that I couldn't believe my eyes. I hope it stays that way... haha... I'll do my part.
I think I know what I'm doing one day this week.....and I will bring trash bags to haul shit back home.

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What I’ve found recently in my pits is on these really hot days people are going to the beaches or staying at home, very few were out shooting.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]