Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Shoot meetup

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:30 am

Sup WaGuns! My wife and I are new to the area. I am a member of a local club here in Federal Way but am dieing to take my guns outside. Do you guys meet up, are there areas reasonably close to go shooting? Any help is appreciated!

Re: Shoot meetup

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:39 am

SDGunGuy wrote:Sup WaGuns! My wife and I are new to the area. I am a member of a local club here in Federal Way but am dieing to take my guns outside. Do you guys meet up, are there areas reasonably close to go shooting? Any help is appreciated!


Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup2:

Where are you from, & what do you like to shoot?

Re: Shoot meetup

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:48 am

Welcome! Are you looking for an outdoor range, or somewhere in the Woods?

Re: Shoot meetup

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:20 am

Well you just missed the Biggest one - WaGuns New Year Jan 1st.

As for routine scheduled shoot and meets.
Not so much anymore. Just the New Years Shoot. Shoots/meets does pop up once in a while but nothing set out right now.

Re: Shoot meetup

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:43 am

Organize your own event - even if that means "Hey guys, we're heading up to such-and-such shooting hole. Come join us."

'course if you had a gigantic BBQ'r like Kyle, you might get a bigger draw!

anywayz.... Howdy! :wagwoot:

Re: Shoot meetup

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Bummer! Ok thank you, I'll keep an eye out.

Re: Shoot meetup

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 pm

usrifle wrote:Welcome! Are you looking for an outdoor range, or somewhere in the Woods?

Woods where I can go legally, and safely. Not familiar with a whole lot, outside Fed Way, unfortunately.

Re: Shoot meetup

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:27 pm

NWGunner wrote:
SDGunGuy wrote:Sup WaGuns! My wife and I are new to the area. I am a member of a local club here in Federal Way but am dieing to take my guns outside. Do you guys meet up, are there areas reasonably close to go shooting? Any help is appreciated!


Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup2:

Where are you from, & what do you like to shoot?


I am originally from the Bay Area (California) but spent the past 10 years in San Diego. Wife got a job opportunity we just couldn't pass up. Plus, I'd been looking to leave California for years.
Plinking is just fine with me, most of my firearms are long guns and the range...is a little confining

Re: Shoot meetup

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:22 am

New lurker, first post. My wife and I are in the same boat, and I'm curious to see how this all turns out! Likewise, we just moved here, and after a couple months of regular range visits, would love a change of scenery!

Re: Shoot meetup

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:44 am

Alexjl wrote:New lurker, first post. My wife and I are in the same boat, and I'm curious to see how this all turns out! Likewise, we just moved here, and after a couple months of regular range visits, would love a change of scenery!

Welcome aboard! Check out the links above to some local places to shoot.

Re: Shoot meetup

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:29 am

To be honest it's going to be a drive for the type of outdoor shooting you are looking for.

From Federal Way... you are going to spend a good 1-2+ hrs driving each way. There is nothing close to you.

If you like exploring the foothills and have the vehicle to do some off-roading... then that's okay but if you are just looking for a spot to shoot. No one is going to give you there "sweat spot."

Yes, there are some "shooting pits" but it's a role of the dice in regards how safe you want to feel behind a guy who thinks safety is okay as long as they are on the other end that doesn't go bang.

Really the best bet is to find the right outdoor range. Each has their own merits. The money spent on gas and time goes to the range for simplicity and ease of use.

Check out the MAPS - shooting ranges, gun stores on the very top of this website.

Re: Shoot meetup

Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:17 am

~
Evergreen range is one of the few ranges where I feel safe, especially since they tightened up the safety rules recently

Re: Shoot meetup

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Once the weather breaks I go shooting up in the Darington area. I am in Arlington. I am about an hour & a half north of Federal Way and Darrington is half an hour from Arlington.
When I go shooting I take my grandson and go for the day if you guys want to go for a day when the snow is gone send me a Pm and we can plan something in a couple of months.

I reload if you guys want to load up ammo for your guns before hand.
I have a bunch of dies set up in a lot of calibers, if I don't have the caliber you shoot I will buy that size of die set.
I shoot at gravel pits, if they are already taken I have smaller places up thst way to shoot.
I always take my eight year old grandson shooting, some times we will leave to go shooting on Saturday morning and spend the night up in tje woods, go shooting all day Sunday and go home late Sunday afternoon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Shoot meetup

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:50 pm

^ And little Mason can SHOOT, too! Lots of good teaching. thumbsup

Re: Shoot meetup

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:38 pm

MadPick wrote:^ And little Mason can SHOOT, too! Lots of good teaching. thumbsup


He gets better every year.
Looking forward for the snow to be gone so we can get back up to Darrington to go shooting.

We have a 80% lower completed, thinking about putting a 15 inch 300 BlackOut upper on it for a pistol.
We picked up a bunch of 300 BlackOut brass up in the pits. So might as well make good use of it.

Once the weather breaks we need to get together for some shooting time and you can give Mason some shooting tips.
I should have his 32acp pistol by then
Post a reply