Switch to full style
Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Sultan Basin Status

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Anyone been up to Sultan basin recently? Hows the weather and the condition of the pits?

Re: Sultan Basin Status

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Bad. Big mess as expected.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:48 pm

Must be time for another clean up

Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:17 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the language that Snoho Co. has in their county code for not shooting areas.

https://snohomish.county.codes/SCC/10.12.010

Paragraphs 53, 56, & 61 talk about areas along Sultan Basin Rd. It's been over a year since I was last up there and we managed to find a spot without getting bothered by any agents of the state but to me, this language seems to lead me to believe pretty much the entirety of SBR is now "no-shooting". Has anyone been up there recently and had any interactions with an official that were OK with rec. shooting? I know their planning a shooting park up there for 2024 so that may explain the squeeze on dispersed self-enforced shooting along that road.

I'm familiar with the spots up there where you need to walk through a brushy foot path that has parking on the side of the road, and a few questionable spots past the concrete bridge over Olney Creek. I know the big pit was once a shooting spot but then logging took over and it got shut down.

Any info ya'll might have for this area would be appreciated. I wanted to take a couple friends up there but I fear it may be a bust.

Thanks!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:23 am

HighDrag__LowSpeed wrote:Hi All,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the language that Snoho Co. has in their county code for not shooting areas.

https://snohomish.county.codes/SCC/10.12.010

Paragraphs 53, 56, & 61 talk about areas along Sultan Basin Rd. It's been over a year since I was last up there and we managed to find a spot without getting bothered by any agents of the state but to me, this language seems to lead me to believe pretty much the entirety of SBR is now "no-shooting". Has anyone been up there recently and had any interactions with an official that were OK with rec. shooting? I know their planning a shooting park up there for 2024 so that may explain the squeeze on dispersed self-enforced shooting along that road.

I'm familiar with the spots up there where you need to walk through a brushy foot path that has parking on the side of the road, and a few questionable spots past the concrete bridge over Olney Creek. I know the big pit was once a shooting spot but then logging took over and it got shut down.

Any info ya'll might have for this area would be appreciated. I wanted to take a couple friends up there but I fear it may be a bust.

Thanks!

The no shooting zone map might be easier to reason about than the textual list

https://snohomishcountywa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/265

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:25 pm

HighDrag__LowSpeed wrote:Hi All...

Welcome, Colin! :wavey:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:20 am

I'm busy tomorrow otherwise I'd say let's do it then, but is anyone interested in a group cleanup and shooting day out in the basin next weekend? Forecast is only 30% chance of rain and Sunday might be sunny!

I'll bring out some steel targets, big trash bags and some snacks if we have some interest. I need to get some wiggles out before the weather really turns here.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:26 pm

DBG wrote:I'm busy tomorrow otherwise I'd say let's do it then, but is anyone interested in a group cleanup and shooting day out in the basin next weekend? Forecast is only 30% chance of rain and Sunday might be sunny!

I'll bring out some steel targets, big trash bags and some snacks if we have some interest. I need to get some wiggles out before the weather really turns here.

I might be down, i have some homebuilds to test, i probably wont be there too long. You are talking about the main shooting spot right?

Did i scare everyone off? How about if i dont go? Then will everyone else volunteer for it?

Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:02 am

I was reading through this thread and thought I'll do a Google Map for Sultan Basin, what I found on the map was "Lake Bronson Club Nudist Park" instead of a shooting area. hahhah. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:19 pm

bigbearbear wrote:I was reading through this thread and thought I'll do a Google Map for Sultan Basin, what I found on the map was "Lake Bronson Club Nudist Park" instead of a shooting area. hahhah. :ROFLMAO:

Yup that's a thing, most people shoot at 47.92094855247276, -121.75376289030605 also i have friends that were ticketed for not having a discover pass

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:00 pm

I drove out by here today to see if it was still open and I forgot my ears. There were people shooting so I didn’t want to walk down the trail. Anyone know how far out this goes? I want to sight in a few rifles and test out a rifle build I completed.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:26 pm

SilentOct wrote:I drove out by here today to see if it was still open and I forgot my ears. There were people shooting so I didn’t want to walk down the trail. Anyone know how far out this goes? I want to sight in a few rifles and test out a rifle build I completed.

Welcome to the forum, Cal! :wavey:

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:43 pm

SilentOct wrote:I drove out by here today to see if it was still open and I forgot my ears. There were people shooting so I didn’t want to walk down the trail. Anyone know how far out this goes? I want to sight in a few rifles and test out a rifle build I completed.

Pretty close to 100 yards, you can see the berm to the south on google maps if you put in the coordinates i posted

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:06 pm

shaggy wrote:
Pretty close to 100 yards, you can see the berm to the south on google maps if you put in the coordinates i posted

Oh ok cool should work perfect. Wife got a new 17hmr for Christmas too and that’s plenty long. Hoping to find a time when it’s pretty slow. Trying to team my youngster the basics as well.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 pm

Used to be some gongs on the hill up in the trees to the right of the shooting lane. Maybe 200 yds
Post a reply