Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Anybody use the place to shoot off 507 & e gate rd? 

Hello guys I was looking for places to go shoot at and I was looking at the Waguns map of places to shoot and saw there was one not to far from me off 507 & E gate rd. Has anybody shot here recently? I have never been and wanted to ger an idea about it before I made a trip out there.

Sun May 16, 2021 2:30 pm

That is the MWR range on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. If you have no military affiliation you will need to go with someone who does. To do the proper thing you weapons should be registered on base as well.

Wed May 19, 2021 5:27 pm

exArmyMP wrote:
That is the MWR range on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. If you have no military affiliation you will need to go with someone who does. To do the proper thing you weapons should be registered on base as well.

Oh man that sucks for me. I live so close (within a few miles) it would be a perfect. Thank you so much for chimming in a letting me know. It is much appreciated.

Thu May 20, 2021 10:57 am

No problem. Glad I could help.

Thu May 20, 2021 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You mean range 15? I've never gone there, but my understanding is that civilians could use it; am I mistaken?

Thu May 20, 2021 5:07 pm

https://www.basedirectory.com/fort-lewis-joint-base-lewis-mcchord-directory/rifle-pistol-range-range-15

https://jblm.armymwr.com/programs/shooting-sports

Quote:
Rifle & Pistol Range (Range 15) at Fort Lewis offers a safe and fun place to spend time perfecting your marksmanship, teach a youngster the finer points of the sport or just spend an afternoon plinking away.

Pistol shooters can take advantage of our 10- and 20-yard berms, while rifle shooters can shoot at targets all the way out to 300 yards. All shooters are invited to try action targets, which are avialable upon request starting at 100 yards.

Along with the shooting line, there's an onsite shop, where you can pick up cleaning supplies, ammunition or a soda and chips.

Gun caliber restriction: Magnum rifle calibers are no longer authorized/allowed on Range 15.

The cost is $10 for DOD ID cardholders and $13 for non-DOD ID cardholders.

All privately owned weapons must be registered on base before bringing them onto the installation. Please visit DES's weapons registration page to complete registration prior to visiting the ranges.

Last edited by gunblaster on Fri May 21, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 20, 2021 10:15 pm

scrid2000 wrote:
You mean range 15? I've never gone there, but my understanding is that civilians could use it; am I mistaken?

Civilians can use the range as a "guest" of a DOD ID card holder. If you know someone who is Active Duty/Reserves/Guard, DOD Civilian or Retired then they can sponsor you onto base and take you. I have never seen them check to see if your weapons are registered on base but that doesn't mean the MP's can't come out and randomly check to see if they are.

Fri May 21, 2021 4:48 am

Last time I went there, maybe a year ago.... the guy at the counter said no more Magnum cartridges. Couldn't zero my 7mm Rem Mag. And they didn't like M855 because people were messing up the steel plates.

Fri May 21, 2021 5:12 am

exArmyMP wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:

Civilians can use the range as a "guest" of a DOD ID card holder. If you know someone who is Active Duty/Reserves/Guard, DOD Civilian or Retired then they can sponsor you onto base and take you. I have never seen them check to see if your weapons are registered on base but that doesn't mean the MP's can't come out and randomly check to see if they are.

That's the way to shoot there for free. Any civilian can shoot there so long as they register there weapons at the visitor center first and they pay a $15(or is it $10?) fee each visit they use the range. I doubt they could get ON base without a sponsor, but you don't need to go on base at all to shoot at range 15. I've yet to go there but I plan to go there next weekend(I already have my guns registered). As for the weapon checks: from what I've read online it used to be rare but has become quite regular, I'll report back after I visit (hopefully) next weekend.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:21 am

scrid2000 wrote:

yes they can, I've hear it's quite a nice range too. From what I've seen just driving by it, seemed real good.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]