Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Darrington Pit Clean Up June 5th. (435th Ave) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am organizing another Darrington Pit Clean Up (435th Ave) on June 5th. This is also posted on Northwest Firearms.
The clean up will start on Saturday morning around 8:30am.
We will be camping Friday evening ( June 4th) at the camp spot on the Stilly River just below the pit by the bridge.
If any one else want to camp out Friday night or just want to come up and spend a couple of hours are all welcome.
I will probably take that Friday off of work to get firewood cut and be there to greet people.
Besides cleaning the upper & lower pit there is a spot on the way in that has a bunch of plastic or fiberglass panels that need to be picked up as well.
I will have coke, sprite & water on ice for the clean up and will have some budweisers on ice for afterwards.
I have some reloading brass that I will be posting to sell to help cover the dump fee. If any one want to donate a few bucks to cover the dump fee that would also help out.

Last year we did a clean up there in July, about eight guys showed up and did a nice clean up in the lower pit. This year we will get both the upper pit and the lower pit cleaned up.
If any one comeing has a pick up to haul trash out that would be great. We should have enough money to pay for the tipping fee.
The transfer station in Arlington is open until 4pm.
Thank every one who helped out last year and who will be there this year.

One of the DNR Law Enforcement Officers out of Sedro-Wolley might show up at the pit durring the clean up.

A couple of spots that need attention.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 05, 2021 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm planning on it. Hoping things fall into place so I can be there. I'll need to come up on Friday and camp near by.

Thu May 06, 2021 4:19 am

Hi Pat, is this the location of the 435th Ave pit? 48.283528, -121.651361

Thu May 06, 2021 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mark
I don't know anything about that way of locating places. I can probably find out Saturday when we go shooting up there. A friend will be there and knows about that.
If you want to go shooting Saturday you can follow us up there.
Pat

Thu May 06, 2021 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

byrdman wrote:
Hi Pat, is this the location of the 435th Ave pit? 48.283528, -121.651361

Hi Mark,

I checked your GPS co ordinance and yes, that's the Darrington Pit.

@DoveRelease, You can copy those GPS numbers and paste them into Google Maps, click Search and up comes the location.

[img]
Attachment:
Darrington%20Pit%20google%20maps.jpg
[/img]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 06, 2021 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a better pic from Google Earth, in a Terrain view...

[img]
Attachment:
Darrington%20Pit%20google%20earth.jpg
[/img]

Thu May 06, 2021 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The top pit on the right side of the picture isn't that bad as far as trash goes. The lower pit of the left has a fair amout of trash on the left side of the pit.
There are some wood target frames and other wood products that we can probably burn up.

Thu May 06, 2021 6:36 pm

Bill and Pat, thanks for confirming the location! :thumbsup2:

I drove through there once, several years ago, when it was still accessible from highway 530, came back a few months later and found the highway 530 access was closed by some logging company and I had to come in from NF-18. :frust:

Is NF-18 still the only access point, or has the highway 530 access road opened up again?

Sat May 08, 2021 6:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have to acess the pit from the 18 road. I doubt the gate on 435th Ave will ever be reopened.
There is one really rutted up spot on the road that drops down to the pit. I will work on that spot a few times before the clean up on June 5th. so cars will be able to make it through.
I will be going up there pretty much every weeked if you want to meet up & go to the pit.

Sat May 08, 2021 6:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I put it on the calendar. My truck will be available for additional trash hauling.

Sat May 08, 2021 8:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The trsnsfer ststion in Arlington is open on Saturdays until 4pm. Who ever hauls any trash from the pit we can all go there together and I eill cover the cost for the tipping fee.
I posted some 40 caliber and 45acp brass in the reloading section, 500 pieces for $25. I should sell enough by the vlean up day to cover the cost of dumping the trash
We went up there todayn picked up two five gallon buckets and a three gallon bucket of shotgun hulls and a three gallon bucket of steel rifle & pistol cases.

Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A new way to get kids involved in cleanups... Mini-bike Cleanups! They can ride their mini bikes and pick up metal with their magnets! What fun! A great way to get them outside! Way to go, Pat!

On the 5th, what time are you wanting to start? I'd like to put this cleanup on the TNL calendar, write up a Blog about it, and post it on our Facebook page. That okay with you Pat?

Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cogs
I went down to the camp spot on Saturday, not much trash there.
I will be taking off work on the 4th and go up there & get wood cut & get the litter at the pit picked up before people come up to camp.
We can start the clean up on saturday any time.
I was thinking start at 8:30.
Would give people who camp time to get up and do breakfast.
Last July most of the guys came from the Everett/Lynnwood/Seattle area which is from an hour to an hour & a half to drive to the pit.
I use my little ranger to sleep in and will need my F250 to haul garbage. So I will have to run the little truck home early Saturday morning and grab the big truck unless some one coild stop by the house & drive the F250 up there.
My place is right on the way to the pit in Arlington from I-5.

Mon May 10, 2021 5:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We should probably call it start at 9AM, just cause it's easy for people to remember and gives them more time to get there. That okay?

I'm out of Washougal at sunrise on Friday. I am meeting DNR in the Elbe Hills Forest and touring some shooting sites in Elbe and Tahoma Forests. Should be done about 12 or 1, then head up to the camp site. I should still be there about 4 or 5.

Craig & Tracy might make the trip from Albany OR! We'll see as we get closer.

Mon May 10, 2021 5:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

9 would be ok, it will give me time to go home & switch trucks out in the morning.

Mon May 10, 2021 11:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next