Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 ASI - Action Shooting International 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went shooting with MadPick at the Action Bays at Renton Fish and Game Club (RFGC) www.rfgc.org

Found that this group was shooting so here is some info for that are interested.

It's a pre IDPA/USPSA type of action shooting... it's a stepping stone for those that want to learn and action shoot.

Held at Wade's in Bellevue and RFGC. Check out the website for dates, etc

I believe RFGC is held every SECOND Saturday. :thumbsup2:

Quote:
A Move & Shoot Sport For Everyone

Quote:
About ASI

Do you enjoy shooting, and want to try something new?

Do you keep a gun around for self-defense?

Here at Action Shooting International, LLC, we’re focused on giving you a chance to practice in a way that’s fun, and builds social connections with other gun owners.

We’ve put together a series of simple, self-defense-oriented courses — along with a scoring system that promotes a relaxed, friendly attitude (like a bowling league). ASI shoots are competitions, but we’re more concerned about having fun and learning something along the way than fighting for every point.

Each shooting problem you’ll face (called a “stage”) focuses on a particular experience or skill — such as reloading, shooting around an obstacle, or shooting while moving.

The challenges you face will be “doable” for average gun owners, and are particularly suited to people with concealed carry permits. The stages will repeat over the course of the year, giving you a chance to track your improvement.

http://asi-usa.org/about/

Sun May 10, 2015 10:16 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sounds like a previously unfilled niche now possible with the introduction of the G42! :rockout:
Quote:
9. EQUIPMENT RULES
9.1 Any handgun design intended for self-defence shall be acceptable.
9.2 Shooters shall load a maximum of 11 rounds (10+1)
9.3 Minimum caliber = .380 Auto
9.4 Banned calibers (range damage) = any cartridge (of any size) that will damage range
equipment may not be used. Examples = .500 S&W, 7.62X25, and any standard pistol
cartridge firing an incendiary, tracer, or armor-piercing bullet.
9.5 Banned calibers (range safety) = Ammunition used must launch the bullet at a minimum of
750fps.
Below this, a bullet may not break up properly and could “bounce” back from a steel
target in dangerous ways. (Likely problem calibers = .38 S&W, low-power .380 Auto, low-
power .38 Special in a snub-nose revolver.)
9.6 Authorized holsters must ride on the belt and cover the trigger guard. Shoulder holsters,
fanny packs, purse holsters, small-of-the-back holsters, and crossdraw rigs are not allowed.

Anybody know the fps of Washougal River's 380acp (it's not mentioned on their web site)?

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Last edited by DocNugent on Sun May 10, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:42 am
Profile WWW

Not ASi but, here's a sample of Tuesday nights at FWIR. I've been going mostly every week since Jan. '14 and haven't had a repeat course yet. :thumbsup2:

http://vid1229.photobucket.com/albums/e ... muf3rl.mp4

Ric

Sun May 10, 2015 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have done a few indoor and outdoor set ups for action shooting.

Here are the basic pro/cons

Outdoor
Pro - multiple stages, weather, larger groups
Cons - weather, cold

Indoor
Pro - Not limited by weather, low light (not typically used), smaller groups, cleaner (not typically dirt)
Cons - typically 1 stage and then break down and setup of new stage, smaller groups

The advantages of these types of events...

Lots of "experts" to help. Most of the Safety Officers have years of experience and love to share their knowledge.

ASI is made up of IDPA/USPSA shooters.

I personally and professional know 5 safety officers from my day doing SOTM (Shoot On The Move). You may recognize a few from The Power Factor Show...

So if you have ever thought of trying out IDPA/USPSA... this is a no brainer! Go out and sign up!

This also applies to those interested in just purely for self defense as you can't get these types of skills (draw, shoot, move and use cover) at regular ranges.

(Disclaimer - I am in no way affiliated with ASI).

I'm just glad to see events like these coming along to bridge the gap (need) for folks to get experience at using their firearms for self defense or get into action shooting (IDPA, USPSA, Cowboy, Steel Challenge and more).

Sun May 10, 2015 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]