Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Discussion or advice on how to create an Illegal NFA item will result in an immediate ban. No advice given within should replace user due diligence. Always consult a lawyer / professional.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Suppressor concentricity issues 

Hello All,

I just got my AAC 7.62 SD out of jail and have attempted to mount it on several rifles I previously prepared with the Blackout 51t flashhiders. All the flash hiders were installed per instructions. After mounting the suppressor to the flashhider on each host and looking down the barrel from the chamber end I can see the part of inside of the end cap at the 12-1 o'clock position. Is this a barrel thread concentricity issue or an issue with the suppressor itself? Any assistance would be welcomed.

Thanks, Ford

Attempted on the following barrels:

20" heavy profile 308 barrel
20" heavy profile 6.5 grendel type 2 barrel
16" 300 blackout barrel
7.5" 300 blackout barrel

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unless you can position your head/eyes to see directly down the barrel you will see the insides of the silencer, similar to how you can see the rifling of the barrel all the way down to the muzzle.

If you are concerned about this you can using a cleaning rod to see if the rod makes contact with the suppressor. Geissele (and I'm sure others) makes a suppressor alignment rod you can use to check this.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The human eye is pretty good at gauging concentricity. If your barrel and silencer are not concentric, there's a good chance you'll be able to tell just by looking at it, but you need to be sure your eye is positioned correctly. If you're fairly certain you've done a good job of that, but you're still seeing anomalies on multiple different barrels, then trust your eyeball - something is probably off (either the mount or the can itself). Like BLDtyLry said, get a rod and check it just to be sure.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]