Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Your ideal gun room 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The more I look at solar set ups, the deeper the rabbit hole goes...

Also, seems expensive. I think we would need to get power requirements sorted before solar planning. (Eg. How much draw does lights, dehumidifiers, and low output heaters have.) I'm nowhere near this level of ready though.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still dreaming. Still unable to make a move on any plan. Kind of a combo of trying to pay off all my new guns first and the cost of any plan I've had so far. Now I'm kind of resigned to a simple room system. My place makes moving one large safe really difficult. Even finding a spot for one is hard. I've been looking at these Secureit quad systems, but damn are they expensive! And they want another 25% (>$500) to ship it! Even with the $100 off sale, and an extra 10%, it's just hard to swallow for what it is. I feel like I can get a stack on safe and their insert kits and still come out ahead.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
NOW YOU DID IT...

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In my mind...a gun room is just a fancy armory. I have always wanted a "display" room though. What I imagine is a man cave with a bar and pool table...surrounded by 3 walls of glass covered display cases. Each case featuring weapons in chronological order ranging from pre-1800's through Modern.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
Still dreaming. Still unable to make a move on any plan. Kind of a combo of trying to pay off all my new guns first and the cost of any plan I've had so far. Now I'm kind of resigned to a simple room system. My place makes moving one large safe really difficult. Even finding a spot for one is hard. I've been looking at these Secureit quad systems, but damn are they expensive! And they want another 25% (>$500) to ship it! Even with the $100 off sale, and an extra 10%, it's just hard to swallow for what it is. I feel like I can get a stack on safe and their insert kits and still come out ahead.
The slats are definitely nicer, but for a budget setup I've seen people use pegboard.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Keep your safes within your structure, they’re relatively inexpensive compared to larger scale construction AND they are far easier/cheaper to keep environmentally controlled than an entire structure.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnFLand wrote:
Keep your safes within your structure, they’re relatively inexpensive compared to larger scale construction AND they are far easier/cheaper to keep environmentally controlled than an entire structure.

This is true, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of a "gun room"?

I would (if I had the room) build a concrete encased room, with a secure vault door (Graffunder, Amsec, Fort Knox etc..) and have the guns on display

The room should also have communications to the outside world so it could also be used as a safe room in the event of a break in or SHTF scenario. The vault door should be hidden as to not make its location obvious

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

My ideal gun room...… MINE!! :bigsmile:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My ideal gun room is... a fat wallet.
Should I have one, then I would shoot all variety of rental guns, including new arrivals, as often as I want, without bothering myself cleaning and storing them.

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm still a fan of the solid log room. Sure someone could bring a chainsaw and cut into it... just like they could cut into the side of my house or through the floors. I don't expect that level of determination. Also, thats what security systems are for. Layer it up.

I'm on two fences. One, I want to display everything always. Two, I want to have some room to move around.

But, its lookingblike that quad aystem above is my plan now. I have a good spot for it, and I'll be able to expand if I need to later. With thebsecurity system and compartmentalized multi-safe design, I hope it will keep a smash and grab from getting everything at once.

Trying to get Secureit to give menfree shipping now... probably not gonna happen though.

NOW YOU DID IT...

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2