Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 I1639 Firearm Purchases 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don’t want to have anything to do with 1639. So I’m trying to get the last semi auto rifles I’ll ever buy.

On my list:
A takedown rifle (10/22 or PC Carbine)
Garand
A roller lock rifle
A bulpup (Aug or Tavor)

Realistically I’m not gonna get them all since that’s like $5k worth of guns. But that’s my wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
I don’t want to have anything to do with 1639. So I’m trying to get the last semi auto rifles I’ll ever buy.

On my list:
A takedown rifle (10/22 or PC Carbine)
Garand
A roller lock rifle
A bulpup (Aug or Tavor)

Realistically I’m not gonna get them all since that’s like $5k worth of guns. But that’s my wish list.

That's what credit cards are for! :ROFLMAO:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only semi that is really impacted (ARs really aren't impacted) and that I want are AKs. So I got one and might get another before June.

If I didn't have a 22lr semi... I'm not sure that I care? I do have a 15-22 and love that way more than my 10/22, but if I had to buy again or more, I'd get a conversion kit or custom built dedicated AR.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is what an ass I am.

I'm purposely waiting until after July. Then I will buy a plain jane or maybe nice Ruger 10/22 with a wooden stock. Just a gun that does not look ominous to middle America (brain washed fools are already afraid of all guns).

Not sure if I will buy new or used. I will fully comply but will be a complete ass to any authority figure in the picture (not to the FFL or teacher of course)

Then I'm going to see what happens..........I will keep a ledger($) and notes.

Sometimes being a compliant dick will chap their ass if I bitch and moan the whole way as I am impaired and my rights are being infringed upon.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

I'm purposely waiting until after July. Then I will buy a plain jane or maybe nice Ruger 10/22 with a wooden stock. Just a gun that does not look ominous to middle America (brain washed fools are already afraid of all guns).

Not sure if I will buy new or used. I will fully comply but will be a complete ass to any authority figure in the picture (not to the FFL or teacher of course)

Sometimes being a compliant dick will chap their ass if I bitch and moan the whole way as I am impaired and my rights are being infringed upon.

So what your saying is, you're not changing what you normally do? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Pablo wrote:

So what your saying is, you're not changing what you normally do? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Exactly.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

I like that. Now. I haven't even thought about going through whatever hoops they want... what public officials do we actually get to slag off to?

Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:15 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Pablo wrote:
A.O. wrote:
Picked up my last stripped lower today. Heard rumblings before about the anti's wanting to ban parts kits as well though. Man, I can't afford to build everything all at once either...

Parts kits not mentioned. Yet. Just supposedly 80% frames of all manner.

I did not see this in the revised RCW on my first reading. Could you point me to the specific reference?

Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:
Pablo wrote:
A.O. wrote:
Picked up my last stripped lower today. Heard rumblings before about the anti's wanting to ban parts kits as well though. Man, I can't afford to build everything all at once either...

Parts kits not mentioned. Yet. Just supposedly 80% frames of all manner.

I did not see this in the revised RCW on my first reading. Could you point me to the specific reference?

Not in 1639. One of the bills in House/Senate currently. The one with "ghost guns". Son of bitch is a killer, built on complete lies.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Ahhh, okay. I guess we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buy-bye shotguns.......

https://teddeutch.house.gov/news/docume ... tID=399512

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone know how C+Rs' are going to be affected? as other guys have mentioned a garand is on my list, i should get a 10-22 and a sks too. The rest i need to get off my ass and buy stripped recievers for like my bm59's, and fal kits

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:30 pm

edogg wrote:
Barfly wrote:
Last time I looked through it there was a part about a yearly background check to keep the rifles you buy... Maybe that part didn't make it through on the final revision?

It’s every 5 years...

It's every 5 years to purchase a semi rifle from a dealer. EDIT I didn't phrase this correctly. To buy/transfer from a dealer you need to have completed the required class within the previous 5 years.

There is an annual recheck done by local LE on those who have purchased them, but that is done by local LE and the buyer doesn't have to do anything. They might be able to make life easier on the one or two records clerks at their local PD/Sheriff's Office by letting them know they sold any rifles and what dealer they used so the clerk can pass than on to, and verify it from the state.
There is a reason that every clerk in the state is worried about this. They won't have the manpower to do just the required checks for new purchases, much less any annual rechecks in addition. DSHS is not able to meet their time limit to give a reply to requesting local LE for current handgun purchases.

The only change I'll make is not making any impulse buy at say Cabellas since they don't release until they get a proceed, and there is no way in hell anyone is going to have them completed within only ten days unless the state and every city and county doubles or triples the number of people working on these.

Last edited by Unicorn on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
edogg wrote:
Barfly wrote:
Last time I looked through it there was a part about a yearly background check to keep the rifles you buy... Maybe that part didn't make it through on the final revision?

It’s every 5 years...

It's every 5 years to purchase a semi rifle from a dealer.
There is an annual recheck done by local LE on those who have purchased them, but that is done by local LE and the buyer doesn't have to do anything. They might be able to make life easier on the one or two records clerks at their local PD/Sheriff's Office by letting them know they sold any rifles and what dealer they used so the clerk can pass than on to, and verify it from the state.
There is a reason that every clerk in the state is worried about this. They won't have the manpower to do just the required checks for new purchases, much less any annual rechecks in addition. DSHS is not able to meet their time limit to give a reply to requesting local LE for current handgun purchases.

The only change I'll make is not making any impulse buy at say Cabellas since they don't release until they get a proceed, and there is no way in hell anyone is going to have them completed within only ten days unless the state and every city and county doubles or triples the number of people working on these.

Hell, I'll do it for free. I'm a little dyslexic, so a serial # or two might get screwed up, but hey, I'm sure it's good enough for government work! :wink05:

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3