Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pricing your gun for sale 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can have the C96 barrel and chamber relined to make it as new...

NRA Life Member-Since 1983
Life Member-North American Hunting Club
Life Member-National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
Founder-Crusaders Motorcycle Ministries

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:12 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Mohawk13 wrote:
You can have the C96 barrel and chamber relined to make it as new...

Right, I bought it with that in mind...

I am wondering though - these C96s are the only pistols that I've ever seen or heard of where the rifling is worn... did they use especially soft steel or something? Did people shoot them a lot more because they are so cool :-)?

I've never seen a Nagant or a Tokarev with a worn bore. Rusty, yes, corroded, absolutely, but worn bore on a pistol? My manager says he shot 170k rounds through his H&K P7 before the bore went...

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have to remember that they are over 100 years old. Have fought numerous wars, and fired a lead bullet. May want to ultrasonic clean to see if it is not leading and then sleeve after...

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

people who are trying to peddle their AR for more than $900 need to see your write-up. i don't understand what is soooooooo special about adding all kinds of tacticool bullshit to it. it makes as much sense as having a rear wing on a front wheel drive vehicle.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Many people add "Cool" stuff to their firearms to make them look like they know how to shoot better than they actually can. It's a "Small Wiener" Syndrome..Like Monster Trucks....They are trying to compensate for something....

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

f'real! i remember shooting with somebody some months back. this guy had over $1,000 invested in his AR. his optics was one of those hologram pieces of shit. all i have had on mine is a magpul flip-up rear sight. that's all i want and will ever need. that guy couldn't hit a fucking pineapple at 50yds with all of the shit he has on his rifle. all it took for me was one shot from mine to make it explode into a shitload of juicy pieces. needless to say, he called my AR cheap and it was completely downhill for his ego from that point on. it's been months. he still refuses to speak to me.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I shoot for Fun..I shoot an M40A3..when I shoot to blast ammo..I Shoot My MG 42(not here, so don't freak out)..When I want to be as accurate as possible...I shoot a $100 Mosin!! It's not the rifle, so much as the skill of the shooter...And That skill My friends...is PRICELESS :snipersmilie:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i always go shooting for fun. :)

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice info write up. As much as I wished it was mandatory reading before being allowed to post stuff for sale, I doubt it would sway most sellers back to reality.

A sucker is born every minute and lord knows a gun nut with a boner can't think straight when the dream piece has showed up on the boards.

Your prices are spot on from what I can see and are the same ones I've used in my purchases the last few years.

Kudos to you. Now let's see if anyone takes notice

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Eddie Dean wrote:
f'real! i remember shooting with somebody some months back. this guy had over $1,000 invested in his AR. his optics was one of those hologram pieces of shit. all i have had on mine is a magpul flip-up rear sight. that's all i want and will ever need. that guy couldn't hit a fucking pineapple at 50yds with all of the shit he has on his rifle. all it took for me was one shot from mine to make it explode into a shitload of juicy pieces. needless to say, he called my AR cheap and it was completely downhill for his ego from that point on. it's been months. he still refuses to speak to me.

I can see why. I, for instance, would rather eat the pineapple :-).

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

toys in the toybox wrote:
Nice info write up. As much as I wished it was mandatory reading before being allowed to post stuff for sale, I doubt it would sway most sellers back to reality.

A sucker is born every minute and lord knows a gun nut with a boner can't think straight when the dream piece has showed up on the boards.

Your prices are spot on from what I can see and are the same ones I've used in my purchases the last few years.

Kudos to you. Now let's see if anyone takes notice

Thank you!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

solyanik wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

I can see why. I, for instance, would rather eat the pineapple :-).

i had some of what was left of it. :bigsmile:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:24 pm

ARs and tacticool bolt guns are like Harleys
Just because YOU thought all the "ride to live,live to ride" gold crap was cool,doesn't mean anyone else does.
I was at a local shop and a guy was asking why his $2500 rifle wasn't selling.
I said if someone can afford to spend $2500 on a gun,it will be exactly what they want,not what YOU wanted ( he lowered the price to $1800)
Same with the ARs. There's one here for $3k. I'm sure he spent more than that to build it.
If I have $3k for an AR,I will build it myself,instead of worrying the he bought the right parts,or the ones I found were best.
Anything high end seems to loseit's value fast used.If you have the money to buy high end,you'll buy new,or pay way less for used

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Bump.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

how about just looking at GB for sales...???? A value does not make it worth what it goes for..Especially now with the gun grabs going on... Have you seen AR15's or SUB 2000's???
Get all that you can get. If you do it on here it will be flipped and you know it.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next