Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Trump directs Justice Department to ban bumpfire stocks 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Maybe Im in the minority here, but the were not going to stop until' a little something was thrown their way. Give them the shitty bumpstocks which are total crap anyways, and keep them quiet.
triggers help you shoot faster too, they are next.

fixed mags are next cause you don't need to reload after firing 30rds at bambi.

you actually shouldn't need more than 10rd for bambi.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:47 pm

root wrote:
blue92 wrote:
Trump is a Fudd. Dig deeper and really pay attention to what he has said over the years in regards to firearms.

This comes as no surprise to those of us who researched him before--some of you drink the potion as bad as the Liberals you despise!

Nope! This is 5D Interstellar Chess man.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

The America We Deserve - by Donald Trump. Page 102 July 2000

Last edited by blue92 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Maybe Im in the minority here, but the were not going to stop until' a little something was thrown their way. Give them the shitty bumpstocks which are total crap anyways, and keep them quiet.
triggers help you shoot faster too, they are next.

fixed mags are next cause you don't need to reload after firing 30rds at bambi.

you actually shouldn't need more than 10rd for bambi.

Until' all of that happens, its just a guess. The first block has dropped, we will see.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

L_O_G wrote:

Terrible plan. We give them this, then the next school shooting happens and we are right back to where we are now... But we already slaughtered our sacrificial lamb.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone have a link to Sanders claiming they are looking at an AWB?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Terrible plan. We give them this, then the next school shooting happens and we are right back to where we are now... But we already slaughtered our sacrificial lamb.

Agree with Massivedesign. Gun owners have "compromised" for "common sense" gun control almost every decade, and more frequently in many states, since the 1930s. The history is clear. More restrictions aren't the answer, and don't solve the underlying problems.

Frankly, looking at the bump stocks and raising age limits on AWBs does not give me real heartburn. If I thought it would end there, I'd have no objection. But it won't end there. The next shooting with (insert your favorite gun here - maybe it's a scoped Remington bolt gun) will call for bans on that type of weapon, "Who needs the ability to kill at 1000 yards???" or similar nonsense.

It's the clear, direct, gradual erosion of rights. We see it throughout history around the globe and most obviously in some more "progressive states" like CA and NJ. No high cap mags, no detachable rifles mag style weapons, etc.

I'm not in favor of any more sacrificial lambs. Because it doesn't end with just one.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Anyone have a link to Sanders claiming they are looking at an AWB?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/age-limit-bu ... 01833.html

They're discussing increasing age limits similar to handguns.

It will, obviously, make zero impact on violent crime. I think a creative 19 year old might be able to figure out a work-around.

This, btw, is going to lead directly to requirements to lock up all guns in your house... because, safety of course. :facepalm2:

Last edited by leadcounsel on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

blue92 wrote:
root wrote:
blue92 wrote:
Trump is a Fudd. Dig deeper and really pay attention to what he has said over the years in regards to firearms.

This comes as no surprise to those of us who researched him before--some of you drink the potion as bad as the Liberals you despise!

Nope! This is 5D Interstellar Chess man.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

The America We Deserve - by Donald Trump. Page 102 July 2000

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Cmon now, anyone who really thought the bumpstocks wouldn't be touched after the Vegas shooting is blind. The term give an inch but be prepared to give up a miles definitely comes in to mind here, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Cmon now, anyone who really thought the bumpstocks wouldn't be touched after the Vegas shooting is blind. The term give an inch but be prepared to give up a miles definitely comes in to mind here, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

I think most saw it coming, but we can and should still draw a line and vocalize our dissent.

If 1 bad event is enough to ban an inanimate object then we are truly ******* as gun owners. We do need to hold the line ...

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

I think most saw it coming, but we can and should still draw a line and vocalize our dissent.

If 1 bad event is enough to ban an inanimate object then we are truly ******* as gun owners. We do need to hold the line ...

I agree... Me thinks we are fucked in more ways than one.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Murder Victims from the FBI Table 8 database (2014 is their most current):
Handguns 5,562
Rifles 248
Shotguns 262
Other guns 93
Knives or cutting instruments 1,567
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) 435
Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) 660

You are nearly TWICE as likely to be killed by someone with a club and THREE TIMES as likely to be killed by someone with hands and feet than ANY rifle. The AR-15 is a small percentage within that small percentage of rifle murders. Focusing on a gun type is definitely NOT the answer. Let's focus on the PERSON type not the gun. Don't get me wrong here. I think we should "do something" about the school shootings... obviously. Let's just focus on what SHOULD be done.

Keep in mind that in the history of the "bump fire" weapon, probably less than 1 death attributed to that item per month, from that singular anomaly event.

More people drown in bathtubs.

PS - we all know that bump fire technique can be easily replicated using particular shooting techniques on any semi-auto rifle or handgun. So then what? Gun bans are the next obvious liberal move b/c they will have banned bump fire stocks! THIS IS THEIR PLAN.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I am reeling.
Gun control nuts are drunk on their success in getting a chink in the armor to open... But their hunger to ban guns remains completely unsated.
This will not satisfy the enemies of 2A. They are now empowered.

I don't give 2 figs about bump stocks or binary triggers. Not the point at all.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I am reeling.
Gun control nuts are drunk on their success in getting a chink in the armor to open... But their hunger to ban guns remains completely unsated.
This will not satisfy the enemies of 2A. They are now empowered.

I don't give 2 figs about bump stocks or binary triggers. Not the point at all.

Same.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whats most concerning is he seems to have wilted under pressure.

No bueno

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next