Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Replacing safe door panel with Velcro? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve been thinking about making a new panel for the inside of my safe door. The pockets don’t really organize what I need them to very well.

Seems to me that if the whole panel were covered in Velcro I could just stick pouches, or whatever, wherever and be able to move them if need be.

Velcro makes the loop side of hook and loop in 60” rolls. There are some local shops that sell it by the yard:

http://www.industrialwebbing.com/velcro-brand-veltex-loop-fabric-60-wide-sold-by-the-yard/

So has anyone done anything similar? I’ve seen molle panels for safe doors. They are expensive plus you have to buy pouches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Inside of my ammo locker is peel and stick Berber carpet squares. Velcro sticks to it awesome

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
Inside of my ammo locker is peel and stick Berber carpet squares. Velcro sticks to it awesome

I thought about that too. Might just go to the fabric store and see what sticks...

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't care for velcro. I'd also wonder what melting point it is at. A fire may not damage guns but the heat may "melt" velcro and make a mess. I really don't know.

I use strong magnetic hooks on my inside door. I can hang unloaded polymer pistols with minimal caution.

I have considered several hooks to hang a wire shelf to store unloaded mags. I think several hooks would have the strength to hold light objects.

Keep in mind, also, that this "space" really just intrudes on your interior space which you could probably better utilize instead... I only have a few handguns hanging on the interior door, since the rest of my stuff in the safe is situated almost all the way out to the door.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got the new panel in my safe today:

Not much to look at, but Velcro sticks to it very well.

I cut a piece of densglass, painted it flat black, then adhered the Velcro fabric with 3M spray adhesive.

Tomorrow I’m going to pick up a roll of 3M one wrap to figure out a good method for sticking molle pouches and other stuff to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]