Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Re: Mossy Shockwave, etc. Am I missing the point?

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:58 pm

RENCORP wrote:Rather have a pair of 8 round mag tube semi autos with pistol grips. Not much longer, but 8 plus one times two gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Plus, you could do a pair for less than a Vepr, and never spend seventy bucks for a 10 round mag.

Or you could just get a keltec KSG....

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Ok so I own the Remington tac-14 and love it. http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=82311&hilit=+870

I have shot it and will shoot it every time I go to the range. I have shot the pistol grip version and that sucks, it hurts this one is great very controlled recoil.

For the "need" when shit goes bump in the night you have 2 feet of boom stick. And for the price you can't beat it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:55 pm

mash man wrote:Ok so I own the Remington tac-14 and love it. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=82311&hilit=+870

I have shot it and will shoot it every time I go to the range. I have shot the pistol grip version and that sucks, it hurts this one is great very controlled recoil.

For the "need" when shit goes bump in the night you have 2 feet of boom stick. And for the price you can't beat it. I would recommend it to anyone.

AGREED people quick to bash without trying. In house distances this will do anything a shouldered shotgun can do but easier to maneuver in tight spaces. Federal low recoil 00 buck try it :thumbsup2: also the aguila shells look interesting for the recoil sensitive.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:03 pm

jl2105 wrote:
mash man wrote:Ok so I own the Remington tac-14 and love it. http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=82311&hilit=+870

AGREED people quick to bash without trying. In house distances this will do anything a shouldered shotgun can do but easier to maneuver in tight spaces. Federal low recoil 00 buck try it :thumbsup2: also the aguila shells look interesting for the recoil sensitive.

I used normal buck and it was just fine.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Dammit I'm so close to getting a mossy shockwave. F'n enablers. I think we'll see some lower prices on it in the near future. $359 is the lowest I've seen. Any reason to Buy the Rem over the mossy?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Get a Benelli.
9 shots, fast.
Thought about making a side folder for the M3

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:41 pm

I would still reach for my full size FN 12 gauge first. It's been a blast. literally.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:50 pm

OhShoot! wrote:Dammit I'm so close to getting a mossy shockwave. F'n enablers. I think we'll see some lower prices on it in the near future. $359 is the lowest I've seen. Any reason to Buy the Rem over the mossy?

I prefer the location of the action release on the 870 as opposed to the Mossberg.. however the Mossberg holds five rounds and they 870 holds 4.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 pm

delliottg wrote:. No true use other than they look cool and they're probably fun the first time you take it to the range. After that, meh.

my thought too

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:06 pm

mash man wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:Dammit I'm so close to getting a mossy shockwave. F'n enablers. I think we'll see some lower prices on it in the near future. $359 is the lowest I've seen. Any reason to Buy the Rem over the mossy?

I prefer the location of the action release on the 870 as opposed to the Mossberg.. however the Mossberg holds five rounds and they 870 holds 4.

Funny, my preference is for the Mossberg action release. I think it's much easier to reach.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:43 pm

Never ceases to amaze me how all the arm chair gun experts can be critical about something they have no working knowledge about. Of course this firearm has a purpose and is useful.
Some platforms offer more versatility. Optimally, a shoulder fired shotgun is best due to the ballastic dynamics of the shotgun shell.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:21 pm

SFCRMSA wrote:Never ceases to amaze me how all the arm chair gun experts can be critical about something they have no working knowledge about. Of course this firearm has a purpose and is useful.
Some platforms offer more versatility. Optimally, a shoulder fired shotgun is best due to the ballastic dynamics of the shotgun shell.

One doesn't have to shoot it to wonder about how to best employ it. Let's face it --- it and the 870 version exist because manufacturers found a legal loophole, not because they're revolutionary designs.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 pm

SFCRMSA wrote:Never ceases to amaze me how all the arm chair gun experts can be critical about something they have no working knowledge about. Of course this firearm has a purpose and is useful.

I am no "armchair" expert by any means, and this "Firearm" may serve a purpose, but as i stated before i don't see the advantage or the point beyond a hip fired shotgun without a proper grip.

You stated above the optimal use of a shotgun is shoulder fired, i don't get the attraction at all.

hkcavalier wrote:

One doesn't have to shoot it to wonder about how to best employ it. Let's face it --- it and the 870 version exist because manufacturers found a legal loophole, not because they're revolutionary designs.

This....

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 pm

usrifle wrote:

I am no "armchair" expert by any means, and this "Firearm" may serve a purpose, but as i stated before i don't see the advantage or the point beyond a hip fired shotgun without a proper grip.

You stated above the optimal use of a shotgun is shoulder fired, i don't get the attraction at all.

hkcavalier wrote:

This....

icon_eek

It's like the 'American Dream', a lot of people see it, but a lot of people never get it.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:44 pm

I shot a shockwave this past weekend...I might have dislocated my thumb.
Post a reply