Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Re: What did you do today in the world of firearms?

Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:08 pm

sportsdad60 wrote:Our Texan friends visited this week. Besides getting stoooopid ass drunk every night, we hit the range today (sober)

Jimmy liked the Seekins Precision and naturally out shot me with my own rifle. .75 MOA on bull at 200 yards. *Sigh*

The girls shot Laura's AR15 (Barney, it's painted UW colors) and Seekins AR10.
Then they whipped out their revolvers and started killing 21 foot targets with their S&W and Colt snubbies. Scary how accurate these gals were (age 57 and 64) at 21 feet!

Finished the range morning with the old .45 Colt 1873 repro (Cimmaron/Uberti) with black powder rounds.
Everyone enjoyed that smoke show.

Umm can I be your friend? :bigsmile:

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:15 pm

Completed my FN 509M MRD tactical build (Apex parts: Trigger, striker, extractor, 507k plate, and threaded barrel), test fired,and sighted in. It's basically a 509 Tactical slide with a shorter grip. Holosun 508T looks too big but the 507K is just right on this platform. Now to see if I can find a 509 LS magwell because it looks like it was made for the midsize grip frame.

LAPD is also adopting the 509M MRD.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:52 pm

It never gets old. The process of conversion of slightly scorched range brass I bring with me from the trip to the range, some ancient obsolete 230gr plated Rainiers into beautiful shiny objects ready to fly at the next trip to range... Can't even resist to take a picture :)

Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:31 am

SurfPerch wrote:It never gets old. The process of conversion of slightly scorched range brass I bring with me from the trip to the range, some ancient obsolete 230gr plated Rainiers into beautiful shiny objects ready to fly at the next trip to range... Can't even resist to take a picture :)

That photo makes the other ammo look like it's loaded with buck shot! :bow:

Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:32 am

hkcavalier wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:Our Texan friends visited this week. Besides getting stoooopid ass drunk every night, we hit the range today (sober)

Jimmy liked the Seekins Precision and naturally out shot me with my own rifle. .75 MOA on bull at 200 yards. *Sigh*

Then they whipped out their revolvers and started killing 21 foot targets with their S&W and Colt snubbies. Scary how accurate these gals were (age 57 and 64) at 21 feet!

Finished the range morning with the old .45 Colt 1873 repro (Cimmaron/Uberti) with black powder rounds.

:ROFLMAO:

You are! And welcome anytime to Ripsnort Ranch!

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Received another brass Henry Big Boy today, this one in .357 Magnum. Got this one from some dude in trade from some dude in Indiana.

And while hunting in my garage for the bottle of Brasso I was using in my NJROTC days, which I haven't found, I stumbled on 3/5 of a box of .38 special. Some Hornady 90gr FTX. Special edition breast cancer awareness box, too.

Guess I'll need to order some more polish. Gun's in good shape, but the brass could use some shine.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:44 pm

Upgraded the trigger in the scar 17s

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:09 pm

I bought a Cannon. :bigsmile:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:29 pm

usrifle wrote:I bought a Cannon. :bigsmile:

ARGHHH, ye be shitting us eh… :ROFLMAO:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:
usrifle wrote:I bought a Cannon. :bigsmile:

ARGHHH, ye be shitting us eh… :ROFLMAO:

Nope... :bigsmile:

https://www.americancannons.com/product ... and-combo/

I was really thinking bigger, but i'm impatient and i don't want to build a carriage and spend 10K.

This will do for now. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:09 pm

Come to Sequim and you can fire your cannon across the Strait and try to hit the British troops in Victoria...

Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:32 pm

If i bought the Cannon i wanted, i could have. :bigsmile:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:34 pm

I’m not sure Victoria is in jeopardy, but if they had live rounds, that fence wouldn’t stand a chance...

Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:56 am

sportsdad60 wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

:ROFLMAO:

You are! And welcome anytime to Ripsnort Ranch!

:thumbsup2:

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:34 pm

GSL stealth came in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post a reply