Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 682, 683, 684, 685, 686, 687, 688 ... 880  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spent a few hours shooting up at Sultan with MyNameIs940 and a couple others. Shot a M203 for the first time, and I got pretty damn close to my target, too! And I hit a flying clay using a Hurricane Butterfly with no sights. Couldn't repeat it, though, so I'll chalk it up to luck. My Form 1 .22 can ran great - no baffle strikes and good suppression, so I'm happy. The pit was the busiest I'd ever seen it, but the weather was great so I'm not that surprised.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to Champion Arms this noon. While I was waiting for the lane, some lady called RSO and asked if she can come, pay range fees, buy ammo and keep it. Apparently there is the ammo shortage everywhere again.
I brought my CP-33, SUB-2000 gen. 2 and my EDC G26, of course. Have shot 300 rds of .22 and 100 rds of 9x19.
Man in his 60s next lane came with two aged ladies - obviously newbies. I have learned that pistol “clips” hold “bullets” and those better be hollow points, otherwise they will not stop people on meth or cocaine, etc. He was so loud and full of himself, so I almost puked up my breakfast.
When I was leaving, I gave one of the ladies small piece of a cardboard with waguns.org address and told her that this is a good place to learn about guns.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

surevaliance wrote:
I gave one of the ladies small piece of a cardboard with waguns.org address and told her that this is a good place to learn about guns.

:thumbsup2:

Who needs business cards?! :ROFLMAO:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Assisted the wife in building her own M16A2 clone. She loves it already, partly because I made sure it has a purple sling, her favorite color.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:31 pm

surevaliance wrote:
Went to Champion Arms this noon. While I was waiting for the lane, some lady called RSO and asked if she can come, pay range fees, buy ammo and keep it. Apparently there is the ammo shortage everywhere again.
I brought my CP-33, SUB-2000 gen. 2 and my EDC G26, of course. Have shot 300 rds of .22 and 100 rds of 9x19.
Man in his 60s next lane came with two aged ladies - obviously newbies. I have learned that pistol “clips” hold “bullets” and those better be hollow points, otherwise they will not stop people on meth or cocaine, etc. He was so loud and full of himself, so I almost puked up my breakfast.
When I was leaving, I gave one of the ladies small piece of a cardboard with waguns.org address and told her that this is a good place to learn about guns.

Just for fun I zipped over to sgammo.com and aimsurplus.com. SG Ammo's site crashed from too much traffic. AIM was sold out of all but one kind of 9mm. I would not have guessed that this virus would cause an ammo panic but hey, what do I know?

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorted brass from the last trip out.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a new Galco SB-2 gun belt. My current ones are pushing 8-10 years old and well past broken in.
Picked up some FN 509 17rd mags and also a pack of 1000 pcs Starline 38 Short Colt brass to start cranking out loads on the progressive.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
When I was leaving, I gave one of the ladies a small piece of cardboard with waguns.org address and told her that this is a good place to learn about guns.

How did the CP-33 run? I have one on a forever backorder.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
When I was leaving, I gave one of the ladies a small piece of cardboard with waguns.org address and told her that this is a good place to learn about guns.

How did the CP-33 run? I have one on a forever backorder.

Mine does not like non-coated bullets and Remington Yellow Jacket: because bullets' shape (that stupid "step") they fail to feed.
Anything else runs flawlessly, as long as I use American Speedloaders' Nest loader for CP-33.
I really love this fugly plinker! It never misses a range day.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:40 am

Guntrader wrote:
Schoolboy wrote:
box of 405gr 45-70 cowboy loads through the winchester 1886.

My 2007 Marlin Guide Gun loves the Remington 405 cowboy loads.
Can cloverleaf 3 at 100 yards all the time with the Leupold Variax III 1.5-5 low mount on it.

1873 H&R Officers Model trapdoor isn't far behind it, has the flip up tang sight.
With various cowboy loads I hit a 6" gong 18 or so times in a row at 123 yards up a hill.
Would have kept going but I ran out of ammo.
I don't shoot my 1886, it's a NIB 1/1000 High Grade and don't want to scratch it. Hahaha

The 405 cowboy loads are accurate but do have a rainbow trajectory.

The Hornady 325 Leverrevolution nipple tips are pretty flat but not as accurate in my rifles.
https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/rifl ... olution#!/

-1.5" Muzzle
+3" 100 Yards
0 200 Yards
-27.8 300 Yards

You're modern 1886 (Miroku) can handle all the hot 45-70 loads.
Except they are short chambered.
Some won't fit. I found that out with HSM 430 gr +P hard cast Bear Loads.
I'm by no means a recoil wimp (have a safari rifle collection), but those above bear loads in the little guide gun make me say OW! every time.

I remember your 1886 as I seriously considered buying it from you, but decided it was to nice for me to pack into the woods.

I actually want to try the FTX projectiles if the 350gr berry's shoot well out of my 1886. I've also read that the throats are short on these guns, and I don't know if mine being a take down will make that better or worse.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:25 pm

With all the hording going on I finally got around to ordering the rest of the stuff I need to reload 44Mag. I went with rcbs carbide dies from midwayusa and 2k 240gr JSP projectiles from rose distribution. Tomorrow I'll call cz and see if they have a new 8" barrel.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Processed and loaded another 50 rds

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Installed the Glock Store laser trigger system in a Glock 19 with a laser cartridge and auto trigger reset (no need to rack the slide). Figure with social distancing, we can still do some indoor practice with software. Might not be as fun as airsoft, but wanted to give it a try.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tested a couple things. Need more development.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Almost finishing up an M4A1 bastard build with an old Wilson Combat lower from the depths of my safe. I'll have to say that I am impressed with the fit of all the parts into the Wiison. They really nailed the specs.

Divided we fall.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 682, 683, 684, 685, 686, 687, 688 ... 880  Next