Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 644, 645, 646, 647, 648, 649, 650 ... 881  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy crap, I suck with iron sights and three position.
Went out to the Port Townsend range with my 10/22 to do some practice, in preparation for the next Appleseed Project class.

I've got a lot of work to do.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Loaded 10 old school AR-15 Okay Industries LEO/Mil mags and 200 rds on strippers for Sunday. Yeah, i have a whole lot of Pmags, but i'm weird like that. :bigsmile:
Did a quick clean on my Canik TP9SFX for the Pistol side of the Run the Gun class tomorrow and got my ammo out and ready.
I only have 4 mags, but at 20rds each i think that will work.
I need to clean the backup SIG P220, then run to the store for some bottled water and make some Sandwiches and i am as ready as i can be for the Pistol side of the Training.
Less a whole lot of Practice... icon_eek

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
A.O. wrote:
Tuned a new KnS adjustable gas piston in my M92 SBR. Might need a few more tests, but it tamed the recoil some. Hopefully I can tune it down enough to keep it from beating itself all to hell when I shoot it. Seems rivets and welds are no match for the recoil of the PAP. lol

Lemme know how it works long-term. Might get one for my PAP next year.

One thing I like about my RDB is the highly adjustable gas system. Can be dialed in until it kicks like a kitten while still feeding and ejecting just fine.

Ho estly, I can't believe I didn't search for something like this sooner. I knew it was basically hammering itself to death, but I never thought about it being over gased. It was a smooth install and i put about 20rnds through it today. Took about 10 to dial it in (full open first, fte, give it 5 clicks, repeat until it cycles) and then I did a 10 round rapid without problems. Turns out it didnt need too much dialing down to be noticeably softer.

I have dreams of buying a dead air wolverine one day, so this will come in handy.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Night shoot postponed till tonight.

Today, ran the SPR, w/ new LPVO, on close-in drills. Also ran the 11.5 incher, same. Did some shoot on the move, and an El Presidente with each. Times were 12.92 & 12.55, respectively, w/ good hits.

Ran a simple pistol drill, w/ G23.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Nitro_Guns wrote:
Shot my new 6mm Benchrest rifle.
I think this is going to be a keeper..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Damn!!!! Awesome grouping

Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today was Dremel day.
I was having feeding difficulties with my JP Rifles .22 conversion barrel with my preferred ammo.
There was a small lip just above the feed ramp & it was catching on the coating of the CCI Clean coated bullets that I like and thus not chambering all the way.
Now no more lip and it feeds nicely.
Since I had the Dremel out, I polished up the feed ramp on my S & W Victory as well.

Testing them both under fire tomorrow.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought the last parts for my niece's and nephews' rifles (five total)

I've been accumulating parts over the past few years so when they each turn 18 we can build an AR together. The stock was the only thing missing and with everything that's been going on I thought I should go ahead and get them

Lanbo's had magpul CTR stocks on sale for $42. 30 round M3 Pmags were less than $10 each so I grabbed 10 more of those (for myself, the crumb snatchers will get 2 gen 2 pmags each). Shipping was $10 for all of it

Some places I checked mags were in the mid-teens. I wouldn't be be surprised to see 'cheaper than dirt' pricing soon

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stopped by my LGS to see if they have six PMAGs for $12.99 ea. and a couple of 100-rd bricks of AE 55gr FMJ for $38.99 ea.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered more 80% lowers

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made an offer on a Wilson Combat Supergrade 1911, that also went through Heirloom Precision to be worked over by Ted Yost.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Continued refinishing some AK wood. It needed it - started bleached almost white and is now restored to a close approximation of the original root-beer tone. Not bad.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
Made an offer on a Wilson Combat Supergrade 1911, that also went through Heirloom Precision to be worked over by Ted Yost.

Ohh, I saw the link to that one in the CMP 1911 thread. I hope you get it, it looks fantastic!

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
mmalleck wrote:

Ohh, I saw the link to that one in the CMP 1911 thread. I hope you get it, it looks fantastic!

Got it. Cheap for a Ted Yost modified Supergrade build (not technically a Supergrade), but still expensive to me. Exchanged a message with Jason Burton - he thought it was an awesome deal, and remembered it going through Heirloom, and confirmed it was a Ted build. :bigsmile:

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lucky dog, bring it to the New Year's shoot so we can all drool over it!

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:53 am

Shot close-in drills, from retention, shivworks style. Really loving those techniques.

Shot a 50rnd dot torture. Did okay, for me.

This with gen4 G19, crossin' the 850 rnd line with it, no malfunctions with anything I've put through it. Lovin' this gun!

Loaded up another 70 rnds of 9 millie. Sages reloading supply rocks!

Yesterday, Monday, that is.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 13210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 644, 645, 646, 647, 648, 649, 650 ... 881  Next