Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777 ... 879  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ LMAO, well said Mike.

Jay, those are some badass pics! I'd love to see that.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun May 16, 2021 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Come over the second weekend in August. Bunches of pesky colonial rebels being shot by the Regulars, plus moar cannon.

https://www.colonialfestival.com/

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Sun May 16, 2021 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scoped out some shooting areas about 2 miles from the house.....picked up some brass

now I just need some time to go shooting

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun May 16, 2021 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
Come over the second weekend in August. Bunches of pesky colonial rebels being shot by the Regulars, plus moar cannon.

Colonial Williamsburg for the win.

They take reenacting to a whole new level...

While you're in the area, head a couple hours north to Antietam..

Different era but both are steeped in history.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Isildur wrote:

Colonial Williamsburg for the win.

They take reenacting to a whole new level...

While you're in the area, head a couple hours north to Antietam..

Different era but both are steeped in history.

Sequim is a whole lot closer though, and i can carry while i travel to there. Plus i want to see Jay all dressed up as a Damn Colonial.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 16, 2021 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Recently installed weapon lights on two of our 9mm pistols:
- Streamlight TLR-2 light/green laser combo on wife's H&K VP9
- Surefire X300U on my FN509 Tactical

We previously have a Elzetta light installed on our HD shottie.

Gonna take the whole kit and kaboodle up to my step daughter's place near Dallas this weekend and do some nighttime shooting drills with the lights. Been a long time since I did any training for low-light shooting and it's long overdue.

We have our Glock 45 MOS in the gun spa getting fitted with a new Trijicon RMR. Patiently waiting for it to come back home so I can do some shooting with that heater as well.

Thu May 20, 2021 5:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sighted in my new build. First nonA2 style MSR.

20" bbl and mlok type handguard. Shoots real nice.

Tue May 25, 2021 5:55 pm

Located 116 rounds of 7-08 in my reloading room. Hornady and Federal. Factory loads. Also a Kimber detachable magazine for the 84M rifle.

I do not own a 7-08 nor do I know anyone who does anymore.

Tue May 25, 2021 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zipties wrote:
Located 116 rounds of 7-08 in my reloading room. Hornady and Federal. Factory loads. Also a Kimber detachable magazine for the 84M rifle.

I know that feeling found mags the other day that i didn't know i had and on the ammo front. I found 3 yes only 3 but 3 ss191L 5.7x28 ap / tracer. You would normally laugh about 3 rounds but these things run 30.00ea on ammo collectors web pages. So i didn't think i would be so happy about 3 measly rounds lol.

Tue May 25, 2021 7:03 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

zipties wrote:

That is a good find for sure.....

I wish you were closer so I could make you an offer on it.
I just gave my Grand Daughter a 7-08 Sako.

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Tue May 25, 2021 7:05 pm

If for anything else it will spur me to buy one for myself. The Kimber belonged to a relative, seemed to be a good rifle, they are all 120, 139, and 140 grain.

Wed May 26, 2021 6:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Swapped some triggers in some ars

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wed May 26, 2021 11:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Worked with my stepson to help teach my oldest grandkid to shoot last weekend for the first time. He did really well shooting a S&W Victory pistol and an S&W M&P 15-22 before we worked up to a FN 509 and H&K VP9. So he got to shoot a variety of guns and did well with both rimfire and 9mm. Oh and he shot a replica Colt 1871-1872 Open Top revolver in 45 Colt as well.

We used our suppressors on all the modern firearms which was really great for teaching. It was awesome to dispense with hearing protection and be able to talk casually while providing directions on safe gun handling, loading/unloading, shooting fundamentals, and anything else while he was shooting.

Got him started off with good habits for muzzle control, trigger finger discipline, sight alignment, and good trigger press practices. Even taught him how to work the trigger reset on a pistol.

Also got to shoot my Nighthawk 1911 for the first time. Pretty darn fun and can't believe I waited all these years to turn 55 before I bought my first 45 ACP firearm :bigsmile:

Also picked up a small stack of discretionary command targets this week to challenge my step daughter and step son in their shooting skills development:
https://www.amazon.com/Discretionary-Command-Training-Target-Version/dp/B074RDVN98/ref=sr_1_2?crid=AWBR4EH5XCZO&dchild=1&keywords=discretionary+command+training+target&qid=1622222933&sprefix=discretionary+command%2Csporting%2C196&sr=8-2

This weekend I've got a pile of guns and suppressors to clean... man am I looking forward to that (not).

Fri May 28, 2021 9:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up some cerakoted VFG's/AFG's from my silencer dealer. Bought them in the raw from another cerakote guy down in Texas when he was closing up shop. Cancer sucks. He's the guy that coated my M5E1 receiver set a few years ago. That rifle is one of my bucket list guns.

Test fit my Revolution 45 (still in jail) on my VP9 while I was up there. The Griffin Cam-lok system is slick. 1/3 of a turn and the can is on tight. I'd bribe the ATF to speed up my F4 if I thought it would work.

Also picked up the newest addition to the herd. Standard U.S. Space Force issue L9-A2. I had a L9-A1 a few years ago. Liked it, it was extremely comfortable for me to hold and to shoot, but the magazines were nearly impossible to load to full capacity by hand and between the heavy-ass recoil spring and very slim slide, it was very had to rack. This L9-A2, on the other hand, seems to have solved the racking problem. The mags? Time will tell. Now I just need to get a threaded barrel and figure out who has the balls to try milling it for a red dot.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sat May 29, 2021 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^^ Great looking L9-A2, thanks for posting. Seems like a great gun and highly underrated.

Sun May 30, 2021 4:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 13183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777 ... 879  Next