Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next
 ATF's Final Rule On Pistol Braces 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like lamb? Sureveillance?

Mmmmm lamb. Now I'm hungry.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Looks like lamb? Sureveillance?
Mmmmm lamb. Now I'm hungry.

:bigsmile:

Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 am

Don't panic. Nothing to worry about.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/atf-co ... z7rtew36b9

Quote:
One concern is that on a normal Form 1, the gun owner does not build the rifle until the tax stamp is issued. In this case, in the eyes of the ATF, the short-barreled rifle with a pistol stabilizing device already exists. Even if the ATF does not take enforcement action, the Chief Law Enforcement Officer has been notified of the existence of an unregistered SBR and could act if the tax stamp is disapproved. Those charges might not stick for the reasons Larosiere cited, but it could be costly for the gun owner.

The biggest issue might be that the rule is so convoluted that even highly intelligent people have fundamental disagreements about what the rule states and what actions the ATF will take against individual gun owners. Not only do intelligent people have disputes over the final rule, but apparently, so do ATF employees.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gunblaster wrote:
Don't panic. Nothing to worry about.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/atf-co ... z7rtew36b9

Quote:
One concern is that on a normal Form 1, the gun owner does not build the rifle until the tax stamp is issued. In this case, in the eyes of the ATF, the short-barreled rifle with a pistol stabilizing device already exists. Even if the ATF does not take enforcement action, the Chief Law Enforcement Officer has been notified of the existence of an unregistered SBR and could act if the tax stamp is disapproved. Those charges might not stick for the reasons Larosiere cited, but it could be costly for the gun owner.

The biggest issue might be that the rule is so convoluted that even highly intelligent people have fundamental disagreements about what the rule states and what actions the ATF will take against individual gun owners. Not only do intelligent people have disputes over the final rule, but apparently, so do ATF employees.

Bingo.

Da fuq.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I mean, if you make it compliant with a longer upper or no brace at all until the stamp is approved, mayyyyyyybe you're ok?

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
I mean, if you make it compliant with a longer upper or no brace at all until the stamp is approved, mayyyyyyybe you're ok?

Sure, as long as you don't take the bait, which is the "free" tax stamp.

Pay for the stamp and do a normal form one and they have nothing to use against you.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Something from one of my favorite authors, Larry Correia:

Quote:
I wrote an article about the ATF’s new brace rule for Townhall.
No matter how stupid you think this rule is, it’s worse.
https://townhall.com/columnists/larry-c ... g-n2618650

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the whole point of braces was to avoid the 200 to begin with though, so paying it now seems counter productive. If WA wasn't getting more stupid with the new bans, I'd feel better about it all. Too much hitting too hard lately for me around here.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
NOW YOU DID IT...

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like the final rule is going to be published tomorrow

https://www.federalregister.gov/agencies/alcohol-tobacco-firearms-and-explosives-bureau

Then the 120 days starts

Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
I think the whole point of braces was to avoid the 200 to begin with though, so paying it now seems counter productive. If WA wasn't getting more stupid with the new bans, I'd feel better about it all. Too much hitting too hard lately for me around here.

I doubt it. If all that mattered was 200 bucks to own an SBR with no ATF hassle, people would gladly pony up.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Andrew Clyde to Use Congressional Review Act to Override ATF Stabilizer Rule

“Clyde spoke on the House floor today.

“Next week, I will reintroduce the Stop Harassing Owners of Rifles Today Act, or the SHORT Act, to repeal elements of the National Firearms Act, thereby prohibiting the ATF from registering and banning pistols with stabilizing braces. Additionally, as soon as the ATF’s unlawful rule is published to the Federal Register, I will introduce a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act, to override the Biden administration’s unlawful overreach.”

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/g ... and-clear/

Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Developing: Sen. Roger Marshall Reintroduces Legislation To Roll Back ATF’s New Pistol Brace Rule
https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/31/roge ... race-rule/

"A group of Senate and House Republicans reintroduced legislation Tuesday that would protect Americans’ second amendment rights from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF) proposed registry for firearms with stabilizing braces."

Knowing the treasonous nature of RINOs, I would not hold my breath for it, though.

Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:59 pm

A.O. wrote:

For many people, they'd be fine paying the $200. But overall, it's a compilation of the paperwork, the unreasonable wait time, and the general unconstitutionality of the NFA.

I never saw the brace as anything but a fake-out to avoid being called an SBR.

RE: Elected officials efforts -

Too late. They should have passed all this back when they could. Nothing is going to get passed, it's all posturing crap.

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mikeyb wrote:
A.O. wrote:

For many people, they'd be fine paying the $200. But overall, it's a compilation of the paperwork, the unreasonable wait time, and the general unconstitutionality of the NFA.

I never saw the brace as anything but a fake-out to avoid being called an SBR.

RE: Elected officials efforts -

Too late. They should have passed all this back when they could. Nothing is going to get passed, it's all posturing crap.

Yep...
I agree that NFA is unconstitutional. However, since this registration has been here for quite a while, it we would just inform ATF and this should not require any "approval".
E. g. when you register your car, trailer or boat, you just pay that fucking ransom to the gubment, but you don’t need any “approval” from them.

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like when this passes, it will all be moot, as we will loose SBR rights along with all the others...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NOW YOU DID IT...

Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next