Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next
 ATF's Final Rule On Pistol Braces 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
ycfugviy.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue May 23, 2023 7:33 am

FPC got their injunction, but it's ONLY for the named plaintiffs and only in 5th Circuit. Everywhere else the Jackbootery can proceed unfettered...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue May 23, 2023 1:30 pm

Am I right in this thinking?

So the Judge agrees to issue the injunction as he believes (?) there may be merit to the challenge that the law is unconstitutional. But the injunction ONLY covers named Plaintiffs. Doesn't that create another unconstitutional situation i.e. unequal protection under the law?

edit: An attorney friend of mine said no, he said equal protection under the law is an "art" and that equal protection doesn't mean what most people think it means. I told him "you flippin lawyers and your verbal gymnastics" :bigsmile:

Last edited by Tonydec on Wed May 24, 2023 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 23, 2023 4:08 pm

Yeah, that's Roberts-level "narrow tailored ruling" jackassery right there. Hopefully it gets kicked up to Machine Gun Sammy and he expands it.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
"Resolution Against ATF Pistol Brace Ban Looks to be Moving to House Floor for a Vote"

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/resolution-against-atf-pistol-brace-ban-looks-to-be-moving-to-house-floor-for-a-vote/
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-joint-resolution/44

Wed May 24, 2023 10:54 am

FPC just got my thirty bucks.

Wed May 24, 2023 1:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First, I refused to get “the vaccine”, then I refused to apply for “free SBR stamp (permit)”.
Now I wonder, what would my third strike be like?

Wed May 24, 2023 1:24 pm

surevaliance wrote:
First, I refused to get “the vaccine”, then I refused to apply for “free SBR stamp (permit)”.

Resistance to your kids being forcibly inducted into the Bidenjugend, or any number of other things... hell, just assume if you're on this site you're already way up on the Kill List.

Wed May 24, 2023 1:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:

Seems pretty clear - the third (and only real) strike would be getting busted for an unregistered SBR because you thought ignoring all this was the better way to go.

Being paranoid and mistrustful of the ATF is one thing, and probably something most of us feel to some degree. But if your braced firearm was bought/transferred on the books sometime in the last few years, I see little reason not to get the free SBR registration. (There is no free stamp btw, just registration.)

The alternative, if you're going to keep it, is the same legal risk as owning an unregistered machine gun.

Thu May 25, 2023 12:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don’t need another AR15 rifle - neither a short or a long one. However, I still need an AR15 pistol.
Therefore, after 05/31 I will not have any braces in my possession.

Thu May 25, 2023 3:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AFT is ass-fucking us without even the courtesy of a little reach-around. We're supposed to destroy our own property without recompense? Not even a token buy-back.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu May 25, 2023 7:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
AFT is ass-fucking us without even the courtesy of a little reach-around. We're supposed to destroy our own property without recompense? Not even a token buy-back.

It worked on bumpstocks why would you think it would be different now?

Thu May 25, 2023 7:43 pm

shaggy wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

It worked on bumpstocks why would you think it would be different now?

It's not gonna until this becomes a daily occurrence.

Man, that video NEVER gets old... :D

Thu May 25, 2023 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

“I have medical conditions… My wife is pregnant… I’m begging you…”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cops-love ... -by-police

“James Burk was arrested in 2015 for allegedly stealing $200 worth of wine from a Kroger store in Landen, Ohio, as it was being caught on camera.”

https://celebseek.com/james-burk-atf-ar ... ian-police

Last edited by surevaliance on Thu May 25, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 25, 2023 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"I can't breath!"

The only thing he left out was "Hands up, don't shoot!"

Pathetic petty tyrants.

Sic semper tyrannis.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu May 25, 2023 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next