Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 ATF's Final Rule On Pistol Braces 

I looked but I could not find the topic so move this where I could not find please. I contacted Washington Gun Law because I watched their recent video on braces and they told me that I will just have to wait and see what the ATF does to reconcile their idiocy with the adaptive equipment clause of the ADA that my use and the original intent of these braces falls under so myself and the rest of disabled users just have to wait. Itt will be interesting because the ADA makes it so any law officer can not ask about a persons specific disabilitty.

Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:57 pm

Final rule has dropped

https://youtu.be/WqSbobM7nds

Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

roadtechatlarge wrote:
Final rule has dropped
https://youtu.be/WqSbobM7nds

Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:21 pm

Quote:
Accordingly, the Department amends the definition of "rifle" under 27 CFR 478.11 and 479.11 to expressly state that the term "designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder" includes a weapon that is equipped with an accessory, component, or other rearward attachment (e.g., a "stabilizing brace") that provides surface area that allows the weapon to be fired from the shoulder...

Final Rule

Edit: my bad, thank you mods!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:30 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment ... ster-them/

Quote:
“This rule does not affect ‘stabilizing braces’ that are objectively designed and intended as a ‘stabilizing brace’ for use by individuals with disabilities"

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The "final" rule states that stabilizer manufacturers can resubmit their products for consideration.

How much bureaucratic bewlshit is that? They've already been scrutinized by the fascists, the data is still in their hands and should be used without requiring further burden of the manufacturer.

This is a transparent bid to gather more money and present an obstacle which will drag out past the listed deadline for compliance (removing, destroying or stamping).

$$$

Greed for money and power on full display.

Sic semper tyrannis.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:52 pm

ATF is an enforcement agency, not part the legislative branch that makes laws...no, they are part of the executive branch that enforces laws.

This cannot legally happen, hopefully people won't be jumping on the wagon going along with it without much question...I guess we've become used to such things, so we shrug the shoulders and carry on...

NRA Life Member

Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cerberus Group wrote:
….so we shrug the shoulders and carry on...

But now our shoulders will be naked, and safer without those stabilizing braces. So they will be happy, you will be sad, and they will still shoot your dog.

Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Free tax stamps are tempting

Not sure I want too many more of my pistols to become SBRs though

Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was already going to SBR a few pistols but decided to gamble and wait on the free registration.

It sucks, it's unconstitutional, and they are over- reaching in a similar manner to bump stocks. For years they approved braces. Now while out of one side of their mouth saying braces automagically make SBRs, they say out of the other side braces aren't banned or illegal.

I will take the $6‐800 freebe while still emailing my legislators and encouraging others to do so.

At this point I feel like we are taking one step forward (Bruen) only to get knocked back two steps because these out of control agencies do whatever they want. I have some hopes (bump stocks restored, made in TX suppressors, CA's mag and "assault weapon" bans being overturned) but this unilateral action from unelected actors is discouraging.

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not law, so fuck them!

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:37 am

RocketScott wrote:
Free tax stamps are tempting

Not sure I want too many more of my pistols to become SBRs though

So the free tax stamp raised my eyebrows. While I whole hearted understand existing owners anger with the flip flopping and law breaking being done by the ATF. I do see this as an opportunity for new owners or potential new owners to skip the bs of braces and just get the lower tax stamped for free. Personally I'm tempted to go pick up a new Areo lower and immediately have it sbr'd if the ATF is gonna wave the tax. I was already planning on buying two suppressors so what's one more application. The information you give the ATF is the same isn't?

10" 300blk sbr suppressed build percolating :thumbsup2:

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If they offer 'free' tax stamps, you filing proves you intentionally, and unlawfully, created an SBR without a tax stamp.

They will only use that as evidence against you, AND use it as 'proof' that they're SBRs, since clearly so many people 'registered' them as such.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 556 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next