Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 United Parcel Service is terminating the accounts of gun.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
usrifle wrote:
AR15L wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:
"“We write to inform you that UPS has learned that your company may be violating applicable laws concerning the shipment of “ghost guns” to unauthorized locations,” the letter states. “In light of our concern, UPS has determined that it will cancel your account, effective immediately."

Canceling their account on "hearsay"? When did a shipping company become the shipping Nazi?
They don't have any idea what's inside the box and last I heard, they're not allowed to open 'er up either.

You have to declare a Firearm and provide an FFL for the recipient....and UPS reserves the right to open your package for "inspection" Rick.

I knew someone was going to bring that up. Along with ammo, gun powder, etc.
What we're talking about here is a box of parts. Widgits. Thingamabobs. Dohickeys. '63 VW radiators.

UPS also has an obligation to stop import and delivery of items that are not compliant with state law.

Some places paperweights shaped like guns are not allowed in the state they are delivering.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:46 pm

Brownells seems like sticklers for complying with State laws so I have a hard time believing UPS has evidence they were shipping anything that violated local laws to the point that needed to cancel their account.

Seems to be like somebody is leaning on UPS with some kind of threat. Maybe Amazon threatened to stop using them unless they cancelled gun stores, or Everytown threatened to sue them over something.

There is more to this.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:00 pm

Amazon sells firearm parts. I bought my brace and carbine buffer tube kit from an Amazon seller. Looks to me like UPS wants to be out of business so I figure us firearms owners should oblige them.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkhnm wrote:
Brownells seems like sticklers for complying with State laws so I have a hard time believing UPS has evidence they were shipping anything that violated local laws to the point that needed to cancel their account.

Seems to be like somebody is leaning on UPS with some kind of threat. Maybe Amazon threatened to stop using them unless they cancelled gun stores, or Everytown threatened to sue them over something.

There is more to this.

And basically why I posted this. Any other news sources?

I will note that the link to their FB in the alert goes nowhere.

https://www.brownells.com/helpcenter/sh ... .htm?id=16

NOTHING THERE

SAF Needs to clarify!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:02 am

The NY attorney general is suing multiple distributors for selling 80% lowers there. UPS dropped all the distributors named in the lawsuit.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picture of the actual letter is here:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-ups-cuts-off-gun-retailers-for-selling-ghost-guns-threatens-to-seize-and-destroys-in-transit-packages/

Don't know why it won't let me embed it...never mind. nother sauce:

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:51 am

Pablo quote:

Yes I read that but they are talking about the Ghost company. Are we to assume Brownells got the same letter? And btw the company said they did not violate any laws. unquote

:ROFLMAO:

ask any inmate currently confined you will be told the same thing...

the spectrum of material brownell ships could very well violate the UPS/ATF/State level regulations and brownell wouldn't know the difference...

no worse than a business throwing you out "cuz" of your SD firearm you carry!

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sroe3 wrote:
The NY attorney general is suing multiple distributors for selling 80% lowers there. UPS dropped all the distributors named in the lawsuit.

Who is named? Is there a link somewhere?

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too funny not to share:

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

curiouscuz wrote:
Pablo quote:

Yes I read that but they are talking about the Ghost company. Are we to assume Brownells got the same letter? And btw the company said they did not violate any laws. unquote

the spectrum of material brownell ships could very well violate the UPS/ATF/State level regulations and brownell wouldn't know the difference...

I know what I wrote is silly. BUT we are not talking convicted criminals here.

We are talking one company vs the other. Who do you honestly think knows better about "gun parts" and laws? UPS?

BTW I have asked Brownell's. Let's see if they respond.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brownells sells P80 and other 80% kits.

Their company, their rules. Still, total bullshit.

But, I shipped a rifle by UPS just this week. No big deal. I declare it a rifle, I ship it in a rifle case, and the clerk asks me what it is. He's a bit of a gun nut himself, so he always likes hearing about what I sent off.

At some point, we will be relegated to just the Post Office, and they'll clamp the rules down to only being available FFL to FFL.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:23 am

Pablo wrote:
curiouscuz wrote:
Pablo quote:

I know what I wrote is silly. BUT we are not talking convicted criminals here.

We are talking one company vs the other. Who do you honestly think knows better about "gun parts" and laws? UPS?

BTW I have asked Brownell's. Let's see if they respond.

sorry you missed the analogy...

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:04 am

If I was an ambulance chaser, this shit would be giving me a stiffy that'd make a frickin' whale jealous.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:
"“We write to inform you that UPS has learned that your company may be violating applicable laws concerning the shipment of “ghost guns” to unauthorized locations,” the letter states. “In light of our concern, UPS has determined that it will cancel your account, effective immediately."

Canceling their account on "hearsay"? When did a shipping company become the shipping Nazi?
They don't have any idea what's inside the box and last I heard, they're not allowed to open 'er up either.
What can Brownshirts do for you?

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why the fuck would a company risk legal liability by being involved in something that is a hot topic politically, and socially.

UPS can do whatever it wants, it’s their right to refuse service. Just go to another state to get your abort- I mean - use another carrier.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next