Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Frontsight Members, BE AWARE! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, lengthy diatribe that could really be boiled down to " send us money you will never see again and we will turn it into coins, credits and coupons that will disappear with us"

Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was seriously going to try and attend this year and it turned to shit, just my luck.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:04 pm

Holy shit, that's a whole lot of mental disorder right there

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:03 pm

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Holy shit, that's a whole lot of mental disorder right there

Almost like he boned the wrong hooker, came home with an undesirable souvenir and it's rotting his brain the same way as untreated syphilis did Hughes.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How much land do they own/ occupy? Where is it? Is it desirable? That might answer the question of what is going on.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mange wrote:
How much land do they own/ occupy? Where is it? Is it desirable? That might answer the question of what is going on.

Best of my recollection, it’s 660 Acres of prime desert wasteland approx 20 miles out of Pahrump. No services to the property other than electricity and minimal water supply.

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:53 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chains wrote:
Mange wrote:

Best of my recollection, it’s 660 Acres of prime desert wasteland approx 20 miles out of Pahrump. No services to the property other than electricity and minimal water supply.

36.03229942434505, -115.88334932098016

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Chains wrote:
Mange wrote:

36.03229942434505, -115.88334932098016

According to their new payment terms, you now owe them money for the use of their coordinates…

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:49 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Pahrump is where the Martians will begin their attack on America.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Type 07 Class 2 NFA Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

BACK PEDAL!! BACK PEDAL!! ABORT! ABORT!!!

Latest diatribe from the good Doctor.
Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Front Sight's Restructure on HOLD to
Gain Input and Consensus from Members.

You Will Not Lose Your Membership
No Membership Maintenance Fees
Operating as We Did Prior to Restructure Notice
Any Changes Will Involve Member Participation
Member Surveys Being Prepared for Distribution

Quote:
Thursday, January 27, 2022
I would first like to thank the thousands of members, who upon seeing the email about Front Sight's restructure of our policies, procedures and fees, immediately purchased their Membership Maintenance Fees and sent us positive emails of understanding and support. These members truly showed their care, loyalty and support for Front Sight and I will never forget them.

To THANK these members, who during a very challenging time, stepped up and made the decision to support Front Sight for the greater good, I am designating them as GOLD STAR MEMBERS. Their Membership will remain the same level, but their account will have a gold star on it so the Concierge staff will know these members are the best of the best. I have also ordered very attractive gold star pins to wear on a lapel or hat, that these members will receive on their next visit, so Front Sight staff will recognize our GOLD STAR Members as the best of the best Front Sight members.

As an additional show of my thanks and gratitude for our GOLD STAR Members, I am placing 5-10 TIMES what you paid for your Membership Maintenance Fees into your F$ Bucks account to use to purchase ammunition and pro shop items! If you chose the $50 per month plan and paid $50, I am adding 250 F$ Bucks to your account. If you paid $500 for your Membership Maintenance Fee, I am adding 5,000 F$ Bucks to your account to purchase ammunition and pro shop items to thank you for your caring and loyal support. Give a few days for the added F$ Bucks to show up in your account.

If YOU are not already a GOLD STAR Member, but would like to be part of positive changes at Front Sight and be recognized as one of the best of the best members when you call the Concierge Staff and see the Range Staff; and would also like 250 to 5,000 F$ Bucks placed in your account to use for ammunition and pro shop purchases like our GOLD STAR Members are doing right now, simply complete the GOLD STAR MEMBER STATUS Enrollment Form today.

There will be no further charges on a monthly or annual membership maintenance fee. Of course, whatever our GOLD STAR Members paid for their Membership Maintenance Fee will immediately be credited toward any other charges that may occur in Front Sight's policies, procedures and fees AFTER input and consensus from our members, while allowing our GOLD STAR Members to keep the 250 to 5,000 F$ Bucks I have just given them to use to purchase ammunition and pro shop items. Thank you again. I am truly grateful and look forward to seeing you proudly wearing your gold star.

The number of members who acted immediately in support of our restructuring exceeded BY A FACTOR OF 2, the number of emails we received from members who were concerned or upset with the restructuring. Meaning, within 5 days, we had twice as many GOLD STAR Members to the number of emails of concern or upset. Our range staff, reported a similar finding with GOLD STAR Members walking up to them, shaking their hand and saying essentially, "I LOVE Front Sight! I understand you need to make some changes and I support them. I just paid my $500 Membership Maintenance Fee." We also had numerous members on site who were concerned and distraught over the changes, and for that I am very sorry.

Even though, if I let it play out, we would have ultimately had more GOLD STAR Members than not, I do not want to cause such divisiveness and polarization among our members. We should all be on the same team. We should all be working toward the same goal. We should all want Front Sight to operate for generations to come. We should all want to protect the Second Amendment by positively changing the image of gun ownership, through training responsible citizens to a level of skill at arms that far exceeds law enforcement and military standards. And for that reason and that reason alone, I am placing Front Sight's Restructure on HOLD until we have member input and consensus on any changes in our policies, procedures and fees. This means You WILL NOT lose your membership and any new fees will involve member input and consensus. We will be operating as we did before the restructuring announcement until we can come to some member consensus on changes that need to be made.

One positive change that will remain, that all the members love, is the F$ Bucks now being used to purchase pro shop items and ammunition.

Another positive change that will remain, that all the members love, is the reduced pricing of ammunition and pro shop items.

In Summary:

Restructuring is on HOLD for member input and consensus.
You will not lose your membership.
You will not lose any items in your account.
Front Sight is open for business, uninterrupted, under the same policies and procedures we have been under for the last 25 years.
Every single day of the week, we are training hundreds of law-abiding, like-minded citizens just like YOU.
As an example, tomorrow morning we welcome 137 students in Defensive Handgun, Tactical Shotgun, Uzi Submachine Gun, Rifle Marksmanship Skill Builder, and various Private courses. Front Sight is alive and well.
Your memberships are intact with no maintenance fees.
There are no daily fees.
Any F$ Bucks in your account are good to purchase things like ammunition, Pro Shop supplies, food, and background checks.
Everything we sell at Front Sight, across the board, is now priced at standard retail.
If YOU are not already a GOLD STAR Member, but would like to be part of positive changes at Front Sight and be recognized as one of the best of the best members when you call the Concierge Staff and see the Range Staff; and would also like 250 to 5,000 F$ Bucks placed in your account to use for ammunition and pro shop purchases like our GOLD STAR Members are doing right now, simply complete the GOLD STAR MEMBER STATUS Enrollment Form today.

And thank you again for your continued loyal support of the greatest firearms training organization, and finest firearms training facility in the world.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:doh1:

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:55 pm

I can't keep up with this shit. I guess now I will get the chance to use the membership I bought 15 years ago? Or I won't? My brain hurts.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bilgetroll wrote:
I can't keep up with this shit. I guess now I will get the chance to use the membership I bought 15 years ago? Or I won't? My brain hurts.

Same here, I threw out my membership card and all paperwork involved last week… Glad I haven’t emptied the office can into the big can that went out yesterday. icon_eek

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Am I the only one thinking they were ready to screw people over ‘til they got what they wanted?

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortunately, I’m still not convinced this isn’t a last ditch money grab before he pulls the pin on a bankruptcy and walks away.

My membership was free to me. Dad even paid the $100 transfer fee.

Been to two classes there. Only money I gave to them was the cost of two cases of ammo, which at the time was a little over priced (Think $100 over market) but had no qualms doing that. Even on my first visit, just looking at the facility and what it cost me to be a member. That being said, my brother and I spent quite a bit of our time at night wondering how they made ends meet. I’d love to be able to go more often. Pahrump area was on the short list of retirement destinations, for the explicit purpose of more time there (and Vegas for the wife) Quite literally the most fun I’ve had with clothes on in a long time. The female stripper midget wrestling team in Vegas doesn’t count, I was wearing shorts.

Travel expenses made it cost prohibitive for me. Air fair to Vegas, car rental, hotel, food and ammo (didn’t want to try and fly with a case of ammo and they carried Speer Lawman) last time I went it was $1600 for all that, and I split the car and hotel with my brother.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next