Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 ATI Cavalry Shotgun 

I'm looking for any information on the ATI Cavalry O/U shotgun w/ejectors.
I currently shoot a Savage Stevens model 555 for hunting, primarily ducks and pheasants, and I'm quite happy with it. But it has extractors and I'd like to go to ejectors. An obvious choice would be to get the Savage Stevens 555E, which is essentially the same gun but with ejectors. But I've seen ads for the ATI Cavalry. It seems to be very similar, one might even say "virtually identical" to the Savage but sells for about $200 less. Before I make a decision, I'd like to know if anyone knows anything, positive or negative, ab out the ATI. Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:09 pm

You should be able to change your O/U from having ejector to extractor, the spring for doing this should be in the forearm. You can either replace those springs with weaker ones, or just remove them completely.

People who do a lot of trap shooting sometime do this because they don't want to miss catching the shells and have them fly off, they want to save them for reloading; or in a particular case for Browning Citori 725, their ejector rod aren't pinned correctly and after repeated ejections from high volume shooting (which trap shooters tend to do), can fly off. So folks replace the factor ejector spring with a 1911 hammer spring and convert it into extractor.

This is for Browning Citori but it might work in similar fashion on your shotgun:
https://www.shotgunworld.com/threads/ej ... cs.145108/

Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:12 pm

I'm trying to go the other way, change from extractors to ejectors. I contacted Savage to see if my extractor gun could be modified to make it an ejector gun and they said that it could not.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]