Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Less than impressed with SAA and more than impressed with bu 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So Saturday I decided to hit surplus and bullseye. I haven't been to either in a very long time. Surplus was a mess in my eyes. The store looked dirty and the employees ? At the time I showed up they should all of been awake and just be able to say hi or at the least not look like I pissed in their cheerios that day. They didn't have what I needed for parts and when looking at the guns everything seemed way higher than most places I've gone. For instance a bulgarian makarov for 1k. So when you walk in or out you have to be careful for a big piece of concrete right in the middle of where the stair is to step in side. I doubt that will last long because someone who is using a wheel chair won't be able to get in. That's not all you also get to enjoy a wonderful bunch walking around twitching and screaming each other because there just happily be a very large homeless camp across the street from the store. So do leave any valuables in sight in the car.

I had a great time at bullseye with aero reps being there. They had a shit ton of parts and a lot more guns to look at compared to SA . So much so I bought another pistol while there
I have not one bad word to say about them. The place was busy but they were keeping up with the pase. So that's what I seen at the 2 shops. To me it really looks like sa is going down hill. To bad it used to be a decent shop several years back

Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I received a similar opinion from some friends who went to Surplus recently. I wish I had gone with them to give them guidance on the prices.

Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:44 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Years ago, when they were in Ponders, they were busy, personable and had good prices. Every time I stopped into their new Tacoma store, I felt like it was a dirty pawn shop and not a gun store. I think they just gave up trying to attract customers.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:07 pm
Profile WWW

The concrete block bothers you? Haha well ok then

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
The concrete block bothers you? Haha well ok then

You must not of read my comment correctly either that or you don't give a shit about people in wheel chairs? Since that was what I was pointing out.

Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't been to either in quite sometime now but SSA lost most appeal to me awhile back.. guess I need to visit Bullseye

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was done with SAA with their horrible price gouging after Sandy Hook. They can fold up along with their shitty customer service.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I was done with SAA with their horrible price gouging after Sandy Hook. They can fold up along with their shitty customer service.

I hear ya don't think I will be back. It had probably been 3 or 4 years since the last time. Bullseye is a older building with not a ton of upgrades but they actually have a lot of guns for the size and lots of accessories to look at. Prices seem competitive to me. I didn't get a chance to look at everything but what I bought was actually the cheapest I found and they had one.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

xr650r wrote:
usrifle wrote:

I hear ya don't think I will be back. It had probably been 3 or 4 years since the last time. Bullseye is a older building with not a ton of upgrades but they actually have a lot of guns for the size and lots of accessories to look at. Prices seem competitive to me. I didn't get a chance to look at everything but what I bought was actually the cheapest I found and they had one.

Don't even bother looking back at SAA, sounds like Bullseye is the place to go. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]