Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Is braces going away soon? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Judging from the number of People selling Braces, it appears some think that will be a reality.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:24 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ummm...Molon Labe anyone?

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Ummm...Molon Labe anyone?

Attachment:
37665546_2268535776522374_1188871119608741888_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ATF released the format of their latest vacillation on arm braces.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulatio ... ing-braces

Looks like nothing will be compliant. TKKMA.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/06/atf-re ... ace-rules/

26" OAL and a weight limit (120 ounces unloaded)
- "That would make any AR15 style pistol with a barrel over seven inches an SBR regardless of any other determination features."

The AFT then uses a point system to determine if your pistol is magically transformed into an SBR, including:

* A determination of the "intent" for usage; as in 'designed to be' shoulder fired

*A standard rcvr extension (buffer tube) earns two points

*A hand stop earns two points. Pistols cannot have secondary grip (does that apply to free rail space?)

*Flip up iron sights is another point on the tally; a red dot earns two points.

The article keeps saying any firearm over 13 1/2" is an SBR. Do they mean BARREL length?

Four points or more and you're a felon unless you sign on to their registration scheme. (gosh, I wonder what comes after registration?)

BTW it needs to be said: *ARE braces going away

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Judging from the flood of braces suddenly available on the board, there are many who are merely going to throw in the towel.

I wonder if there will be as much effort expended commenting at .aft or to their legislators.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:39 pm

:Looks like us gimps will have to file suit because under the adaptive equipment rules of the ADA anything that I out on my ar is non of their fu$$ing business and under HIPPA they cant ask. Since commie Joe is behind this if I file and win what percentage of his pay check will I get?

Mine just has a bare buffer tube but the tube as this expanded rubber sleave. I was looking at a clip on brace but my buffer tube measures 1.250 so it looks like I am out of luck or would have to change out the tube and then put on a multi position brace........maybe I should just make a walking stick that has a section that would fit over the buffer tube.

Last edited by hartcreek on Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New taxes under Biden gun registration push will reach billions
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... d=msedgntp

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/save-the ... ycoalition

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulatio ... ing-braces

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... ing-braces

Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That tax estimate assumes everyone with an AR pistol will SBR it, and do so under an NFA stamp. In some states like CA that is not even an option for them. Some people will switch to a bare buffer tube. Some will ignore the law and put a regular buttstock on.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Somebody will,come out with an extra long buffer tube with a flattish end.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A guy on ARFCOM made a good point.

IF they're saying these pistols are SBRs, you can't just 'un-SBR it'.... Once an SBR, always an SBR...

Quote:
Per the ATF's new proposed rules, most firearms with braces are SBR's. They are declaring this based upon NFA 34 and essentially saying these firearms have always been SBR's as originally manufactured. Per the US code in NFA 34, short barreled firearms made from rifles continue to be rifles.

So all these factory built AR's with SBA3 braces will continue to be SBR's even if you remove the brace and go to a bare buffer tube.

I wonder how long it will take ATF and the Biden administration to realize their error and require registration....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Once a machine gun always a machine gun. Once a silencer always a silencer.

SBRs (at least under an accurate reading of the federal standards) are quite different, a product of their physical configuration. I can see where the ARfcom poster is thinking “firearm made from a rifle” but if the AR pistol started as a pistol and was later reclassified as a rifle by the ATF that would entail a lengthy legal battle over the retroactivity of the regulation. It is possible that a court would rule that even if the owner took the brace off and left a bare buffer tube that it was a “firearm made from a rifle” if the reclassification of the brace as stock had retroactive effect. We live in a crazy world so I would not say that scenario is impossible.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weapon made from a rifle.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I emailed the @TF and told them not to make pistol braces illegal.

If you want to write to them, do so here:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... en-comment

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

141 House Republicans challenge ATF tax, registration of AR pistols.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... ar-pistols

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hadati wrote:
I emailed the @TF and told them not to make pistol braces illegal.

If you want to write to them, do so here:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... en-comment

I’m afraid that will be as effective as emailing Nancy Pelosi and asking her to not be such a twat. But good on you for trying!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next