Thinking Lunar 9. $650.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Best value 9mm suppressor?
Thinking Lunar 9. $650.

I am on a waiting list for a YHM R9.

Direct thread out of the box for PCC's, but it can be removed and replaced with a booster or a QD mount of some kind.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have rugged Obsidian 9, love it. Also check out griffin revolution 9. Both very good choice.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also consider a 45 caliber suppressor. You can use a 9mm end cap for 9mm and always have the option of using it on a 45 or 40 someday.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a Silencerco Octane 9 HD. Like the poster above me suggested, I regret not getting a Octane 45 HD which will allow you to suppress everything from 22 up to 45. This is glaringly evident as I am considering a 10mm.

An octane 45 will suppress 9mm as good as a dedicated 9mm can due to the somewhat larger volume which makes up for the bigger hole.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Simple solution, get another dedicated can:)

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Liddlebit81 wrote:
Simple solution, get another dedicated can:)

I like your thinking but my wallet doesn't :bigsmile:

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool suggestions on use of single 45 caliber can for 9mm also. I went the dedicated suppressor route for each caliber though like the idea of single can to rule them all :thumbsup2:

I do currently own the CGS Mod 9 and Rugged Obsidian 9 so can provide a good review of the pros and cons of each. For my dedicated 45 can I went with a CGS Nautilus from Capitol Armory in December.

The CGS Mod 9 and Nautilus are simple, non-modular designs. Very lightweight with main weight distribution at rear of the can really provides a nice balance when attached to pistol. This is done by using stainless for blast baffle and aluminum for all the forward baffles. So the drawback is you can't just drop all your baffles in an ultrasonic and need to use soda blasting or chemical cleaning instead. Although unless you are shooting cast bullets should be pretty rare you really need to clean a centerfire pistol can.

Another great option is Rugged Obsidian 45. Overbuilt, rugged, durable, and modular (if that's your thing). All the baffles are stainless so maintenance is easier with ability to drop everything in an ultrasonic. The drawback is your pistol/suppressor combo will be more front heavy and won't balance as well as the Nautilus. For me personally, the modularity is overrated and I just use the full length configuration all the time anyways so that's a non-factor.

So I am prioritizing light weight/balance and sound reduction (i.e. full length cans) in my decision making process. Your mileage may differ.

Give the folks at Silencer Shop or Capitol Armory a ring on the phone for their opinions on best selling 45 caliber cans. They both have storefront locations and they're really helpful in sorting things out.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Cool suggestions on use of single 45 caliber can for 9mm also. I went the dedicated suppressor route for each caliber though like the idea of single can to rule them all :thumbsup2:

I do currently own the CGS Mod 9 and Rugged Obsidian 9 so can provide a good review of the pros and cons of each. For my dedicated 45 can I went with a CGS Nautilus from Capitol Armory in December.

The CGS Mod 9 and Nautilus are simple, non-modular designs. Very lightweight with main weight distribution at rear of the can really provides a nice balance when attached to pistol. This is done by using stainless for blast baffle and aluminum for all the forward baffles. So the drawback is you can't just drop all your baffles in an ultrasonic and need to use soda blasting or chemical cleaning instead. Although unless you are shooting cast bullets should be pretty rare you really need to clean a centerfire pistol can.

Another great option is Rugged Obsidian 45. Overbuilt, rugged, durable, and modular (if that's your thing). All the baffles are stainless so maintenance is easier with ability to drop everything in an ultrasonic. The drawback is your pistol/suppressor combo will be more front heavy and won't balance as well as the Nautilus. For me personally, the modularity is overrated and I just use the full length configuration all the time anyways so that's a non-factor.

So I am prioritizing light weight/balance and sound reduction (i.e. full length cans) in my decision making process. Your mileage may differ.

Give the folks at Silencer Shop or Capitol Armory a ring on the phone for their opinions on best selling 45 caliber cans. They both have storefront locations and they're really helpful in sorting things out.

Well posted!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I learned after my first 22 can, dead air mask, awesome can by the way, if financially feasible, you get better performance, smaller package from a dedicated can than a do-it-all can. Some can excel in some situation, no one can will do it all to your satisfaction. If you are ok with it, by all means, you can buy a 308 can and get separate piston for different usage and call it good. I am not trying to say buy one suppressor for each gun, but i have read many comments from newcomer to suppressor later regret buying a can that doesn’t perform as well, and end up buying another more specific suppressor for more specific use. Since suppressor purchase is a pretty long term investment, i want to get my money’s worth.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whichever you choose, don't ever do integrally suppressed. That is the dumbest thing ever, IMO.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sure its big and heavy but I put it on pistols and rifles. Silencerco hybrid.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

freelancer1972 wrote:
Whichever you choose, don't ever do integrally suppressed. That is the dumbest thing ever, IMO.

Why?

Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FrankJames wrote:
freelancer1972 wrote:

Why?

'Cause you stuck with one barrel?

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FrankJames wrote:
freelancer1972 wrote:

Why?

Is this even a serious question?

Often the cost difference between a regular receiver/firearm and the cost of the same one integrally suppressed exceeds the cost of a conventional suppressor that can be mounted on multiple hosts...what is the point?

Maxim 9 pistol ~ $1500. You could buy a can and 2 glocks for that much.

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next