Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Bolt guns. What are the good ones? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I've got to sell the couple guns I've got listed here on the site first, but I've basically got two avenues to go down.

I either go with a lightweight, compact, somewhat more traditionally set-up stock option, like a Steyr Scout or Savage 10/110 scout, or I do the uber tacticool thing and go for something like a Tikka T3X Tac A1, Savage 10GRS, or something from Bergara and maybe put it in an aftermarket stock. It looks like Bergara barreled actions can be had, so I've got some stock options there. Something with a folding stock would be nice. Makes for easier storage. Be heavy, though.

Decisions, decisions.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Under 1k I'd go bergara, over sig cross. I shot a cross in 308, its tits. Like 5'2" with DDD's and hips to match

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:19 pm

A little late in throwing in my two cents. I have a HMR in 6.5 creedmoor. Originally I bought a sps tac aac in .308 and it never had a dedicated scope and wouldn't group well (partly because using AR scope mount that sat a mile high). Went to a store one day to get scope rings and walked out with the HMR and new scope. Loved the 6.5 round, trigger etc just a heavy gun. Fast forward 4 or 5 years and I recently put new rings on the SPS to get scope low, reinforced the forend of stock with aluminium rod and devcon then did my first bedding job with marine tex gray. With 168gr hpbt and cheap federal brass it's holding its own and I'm starting to prefer it over my HMR. my vote is rem 700 with earnie the gunsmith trigger spring or spend a bit more and tikka ctr. Hard to beat tikka action and trigger

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Under 1k I'd go bergara, over sig cross.

:popcorn:

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
I shot a cross in 308, its tits. Like 5'2" with DDD's and hips to match

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3