Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What can I do on my land? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just put an autonomous zone sign at the front of your driveway.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Just tell all the neighbors your just "renting".

Tenants get away with anything!!

Damn good point you are killing it today!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Just put an autonomous zone sign at the front of your driveway.

And we have a winner!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is what happened to me in Thurston County:

¼ acre lots of residential in unincorporated Thurston County. Neighborhood backs up to cow fields. Across the field is a lone home.
In my back yard, I put three rounds into the dirt in front of my feet to test function. Neighbor across the field got in their car, drove all the way around to my place and started screaming tha tI was shooting at their dog and their house. I told her I wasn't, and the proof of that is that the dog is alive and there are no holes in the house. More over, if I'm that dangerous, why would you come and confront me in such fashion?

She had already called the Sheriff on her way over. He arrives, we both say the same things we said earlier. Cop gets on his computer and sees we are not in a No Shooting Zone, and since my rounds were presumably still on my property, no crime had been committed, and that neighbor lady needs to use her head more before screaming at armed neighbors.

Shockingly, the sheriff didn't even run the numbers on my gun, which I thought was stardard proceedure. He was a pretty reasonable fellow.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stokes wrote:
Here is what happened to me in Thurston County:

¼ acre lots of residential in unincorporated Thurston County. Neighborhood backs up to cow fields. Across the field is a lone home.
In my back yard, I put three rounds into the dirt in front of my feet to test function. Neighbor across the field got in their car, drove all the way around to my place and started screaming tha tI was shooting at their dog and their house. I told her I wasn't, and the proof of that is that the dog is alive and there are no holes in the house. More over, if I'm that dangerous, why would you come and confront me in such fashion?

She had already called the Sheriff on her way over. He arrives, we both say the same things we said earlier. Cop gets on his computer and sees we are not in a No Shooting Zone, and since my rounds were presumably still on my property, no crime had been committed, and that neighbor lady needs to use her head more before screaming at armed neighbors.

Shockingly, the sheriff didn't even run the numbers on my gun, which I thought was standard procedure. He was a pretty reasonable fellow.

No, I had some nut job call the sheriff on me in Oly. He just asked me where my gun was. Since I saw him pull up I left it upstairs in the kitchen. We had a good conversation (pissed off the nut job) shook hands and parted ways. Thurston sheriffs are pretty cool.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Suppressed 22lr subsonic is quieter than an air rifle (mine is anyway). Heck, subsonics out of 16" bbl is really quiet even with no suppressor.

A few old tires (7-10 deep) stacked make a decent baffle/suppressor that works modestly and restricts firing angles. Also works for firearms you cant directly mount a suppressor.

If no one hears it and no one sees it the tree that falls in the woods makes no calls to the sherriff. If you know what I mean.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2