Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Carrying in scrubs?? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ok, here’s the deal. I still have almost a month before our state dictator will let me go back to work at my dental office. When I do, I’m feeling like I should start wearing scrubs instead of normal clothes. The problem is, what’s the best way to EDC in scrubs? I’m thinking possibly ankle carry, but I have a hard time carrying anything larger than a .380 that way. Or maybe a Belly-band?
Anyone have any constructive advice on the matter? Especially specific holsters or bands?

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
Ok, here’s the deal. I still have almost a month before our state dictator will let me go back to work at my dental office. When I do, I’m feeling like I should start wearing scrubs instead of normal clothes. The problem is, what’s the best way to EDC in scrubs? I’m thinking possibly ankle carry, but I have a hard time carrying anything larger than a .380 that way. Or maybe a Belly-band?
Anyone have any constructive advice on the matter? Especially specific holsters or bands?

Is there anything about scrubs that would prohibit appendix carry? Tier 1 Concealed makes a two-piece holster and mag carrier, joined in the middle by cord, giving it a flexible joint. Mine, pictured below, is for my Frankenglock 19 build with a light and RMR, but it would be significantly smaller for a smaller gun with no light.

Nobody ever catches me with it unless I happen to wear the wrong sweatshirt, and only then because it rides up and I have a habit of constantly pulling it back down.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have no experience with either, but here's a Top 10 list to peruse.

https://holsteraddict.com/belly-band-holster/

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jacy, I carry a J-frame on my ankle pretty 9 months out of the year and sometimes I forget the dam thing is even there.

I use a DeSantis Ankle Glove........Best 100$ I have ever spent

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:25 pm

I carry my Glock 43 in a ComfortTac bellyband when I workout, ride my bike, or just feel like wearing a t-shirt untucked. Works great as long as I'm not doing anything where I bounce, like jumping jacks. You can fit larger guns in it too but I haven't done that. It really shines with the thin single-stacks.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ankle. I can imagine those torso holsters would get hot an make bending over an exam chair difficult.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:36 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

43X in a belly band.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use a smart carry holster. Sweats, running shorts, doesn’t matter. It doesn’t show.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:57 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

new daddy wrote:
I use a smart carry holster. Sweats, running shorts, doesn’t matter. It doesn’t show.

Tell me more. Have a link a for purchase?

Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

DGM33 wrote:
new daddy wrote:

Smart carry

https://www.smartcarry.com/

Offering 20% for medical staff! I would venture a guess you could convince them that you count!

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a modern cod-piece. Carry a couple of oranges in there for lunch too. Makes it look more natch...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:57 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

DGM33 wrote:

I carry a .380 in a Crossbreed band at the gym, running, lifting weights, etc etc. It always stays in place and out of sight.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/modular-belly-band-package.html

The trick with smart carry is to turn it to the side like a strong side/weak side holster. Or else you get a pistol smacking your junk and in the way when you need to pee.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:

His authority expires in a few days, unless extended by the legislature leadership when out of session. 4 persons.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:46 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

danoh wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

His authority expires in a few days, unless extended by the legislature leadership when out of session. 4 persons.

He made a specific mandate in March for dental and medical offices that we cannot provide any care beyond emergency care until May 18. Because he’s, you know, all-powerful and all-knowing.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
new daddy wrote:

https://www.smartcarry.com/

Wear your running shorts a bit baggy and you can stand in front of someone shirtless and they won't notice. They're cloth, so they do wear out (my first lasted about 6 years with daily use).

The upside is that if you're carrying too much extra stomach, it will encourage you to lose weight.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next