Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Building a 10/22 - tips and how to? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nice!

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Edogg, very cool! I like it!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys! I was able to take it to the range on Sunday and give it a whirl. It worked mostly perfectly but needs a couple of tweaks:

1) I should move the red dot (Bushnell TRS-25 that I took off of another rifle) back. The eye relief wasn't quite right as I saw some red splashing around the edges of the optic and the tube didn't look quite right. Any recommendations on red dots or should I just get another TRS-25? I'd like to have a red dot on this rifle for quick shots and one on my takedown.

2) I need to take out one of the spacers in the stock. I thought that the LOP would be good out of the box. But it seemed just a hair long for me, which is weird because I'm 6' tall and have fairly long arms.

3) One of my BX-25 magazines just flat out didn't feed right. Another BX-25 I brought worked perfectly as did a 10 round mag. I'll try that magazine in a different rifle and see if the mag needs some tweaking on or if it just won't work in this one.

4) My very last shot of the day didn't go off and got stuck in the chamber. I noticed a fair amount of wax on that box of ammo (mini mags) so maybe there was some build up. I had to pry the cartridge out with a small flathead screwdriver. I'll run some action proving dummy rounds through it again and make sure the extractor is working right when I get a chance.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:53 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

edogg wrote:
Any recommendations on red dots or should I just get another TRS-25?

I'm going to confess right up front that this is super-shallow, but here goes anyhow.

I used to the think that the TRS-25 was the cat's meow, and it certainly was the right answer for the money for quite a while. However, now there are a lot more red dot sights on the market . . . and most of just plain look more attractive than the TRS-25.

The big kicker for me is the big battery compartment/dial that is at an angle on the TRS-25. I just think that looks sloppy. Compare it to so many others that now have the battery compartment on the side, at 90 degrees, and I think that looks a whole lot cleaner.

I've been buying the Sig, Holosun, etc. dots that are in the $120 range. I'm sure you can find cheaper dots that work just fine, though.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw Amazon had the TRS-25 on sale again for $55 so I couldn’t pass it up. If it dies on me, I’ll probably go for one of the $120 Romeos or Holosuns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took it to the range again today. Sweet shooting little rifle!

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks great, now find a selection of different .22 ammo & see what it likes.
Off a rest, you should be able to easily get 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards with that.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah I’d like to try some SK ammo. The target in the picture is shooting fast offhand at 20 yards. I just wanted to get some rounds through it and make sure it runs reliably (it does), is at least pretty accurate (it is), and is fun to shoot (very).

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 pm

~
You missed the two accessories I consider essential.. Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor and bolt buffer

And try one of these @ 24 bucks, I have 8 of them and love em

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EW ... UTF8&psc=1

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TCB pointed out the bolt buffer. I ordered one of his tygothane coated buffers. Actually, I ordered a bunch to trade out the OEM ones in my other 10/22s.

The Brownell’s bolt came assembled. Down the road, I might swap out the extractor and firing pin with the Volqartsen stuff. But so far after a couple hundred rounds, I’m thrilled with the performance!

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Little Crow Gunworks V block / recoil lug is a great improvement. Slight modification to the stock is required but the result is a glass bedded action and floated barrel.

I saw a 30% reduction in group size on an already good shooter after this modification. And no fliers.

https://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/stor ... p106089773

Regarding 25 round mags. Get a loader for them is well worth it. Those things are a pain on the fingers.

Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2