Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Post your background check times and police/sheriff 
Site Admin
Site Admin

surevaliance wrote:
Auburn PD, 30 days “hold”.
Is this shit even legal?

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.090

RCW 9.41.090 wrote:
(5) In any case where the chief or sheriff of the local jurisdiction, or the state pursuant to subsection (3)(b) of this section, has reasonable grounds based on the following circumstances: (a) Open criminal charges, (b) pending criminal proceedings, (c) pending commitment proceedings, (d) an outstanding warrant for an offense making a person ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm, or (e) an arrest for an offense making a person ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm, if the records of disposition have not yet been reported or entered sufficiently to determine eligibility to purchase a firearm, the local jurisdiction or the state may hold the sale and delivery of the pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle up to thirty days in order to confirm existing records in this state or elsewhere. After thirty days, the hold will be lifted unless an extension of the thirty days is approved by a local district court, superior court, or municipal court for good cause shown. A dealer shall be notified of each hold placed on the sale by local law enforcement or the state and of any application to the court for additional hold period to confirm records or confirm the identity of the applicant.

So yes . . . but read above, and see if any of those circumstances apply. They can't do it just because they're busy, or whatever.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think a lot depends on where you are. Someone in Monroe mentioned he got his flipped in 3 days. Meanwhile in Lynnwood mine is stuck going on day 11 now. Though since they never got around to it I do get it released. These stupid 10 day wait times are a pain, especially now I have to go stand in line a second time to get what used to take 20 minutes and one drive.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
Is this shit even legal?

Did they find a skeleton in your closet? :reaction:

Divided we fall.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:30 am

last one i bought was from Sportsmen and it took 18 days, guess Clark county is sloooow.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics merged.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:37 am

Ridgefield police dept. in Clark County
Purchased on Sat. 03/07
Received pistol Tue afternoon 03/17
Seven business days.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Is this shit even legal?

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.090

RCW 9.41.090 wrote:
(5) In any case where the chief or sheriff of the local jurisdiction, or the state pursuant to subsection (3)(b) of this section, has reasonable grounds based on the following circumstances: (a) Open criminal charges, (b) pending criminal proceedings, (c) pending commitment proceedings, (d) an outstanding warrant for an offense making a person ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm, or (e) an arrest for an offense making a person ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm, if the records of disposition have not yet been reported or entered sufficiently to determine eligibility to purchase a firearm, the local jurisdiction or the state may hold the sale and delivery of the pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle up to thirty days in order to confirm existing records in this state or elsewhere. After thirty days, the hold will be lifted unless an extension of the thirty days is approved by a local district court, superior court, or municipal court for good cause shown. A dealer shall be notified of each hold placed on the sale by local law enforcement or the state and of any application to the court for additional hold period to confirm records or confirm the identity of the applicant.

So yes . . . but read above, and see if any of those circumstances apply. They can't do it just because they're busy, or whatever.

I have none of listed above on my record. Last time, when I bought Saint 10.3", the same crap happened. They have kept me on hold for about two weeks, just because.
They approved my purchase a day before I was going to call them.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:44 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

surevaliance wrote:
I have none of listed above on my record. Last time, when I bought Saint 10.3", the same crap happened. They have kept me on hold for about two weeks, just because.

It would be interesting to call the and ask why they are doing it, and point them to the RCW if necessary, and see what happens.

Right when all this shit started (last July), King County Sheriff made some bold statements about using the 30-day hold . . . as far as I know, they haven't though.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:11 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

MadPick wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

It would be interesting to call the and ask why they are doing it, and point them to the RCW if necessary, and see what happens.

Right when all this shit started (last July), King County Sheriff made some bold statements about using the 30-day hold . . . as far as I know, they haven't though.

What sort of work and advocacy is your FFL performing on your behalf?

Often times, a sharp FFL knows the law better than the Records folks at these various Lae Enforcement Agencies.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

I am going to walk my dog out tomorrow after work, and visit Auburn PD (I live nearby), and ask them those questions.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just faxed this inquiry to Auburn PD.

To: Auburn Police Interim Chief Daniel O'Neil
340 E Main St, Auburn, WA 98002

Dear Mr. O’Neil,

On March 18, 2020, I have completed the ATF Form 4473 at Sportco Warehouse Sporting Goods store in Fife WA for the purchase of Glock 19 semi-automatic handgun.
Three days later I was notified by the store that sale and delivery of my firearm was put on hold for 30 days by the Auburn Police Department.

Tomorrow, March 25th, after 1700 hours, the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” policy will be enacted and all non-essential businesses, including Sportco, will be closed; therefore I will not be able to get a possession of my legally purchased and already paid for handgun, unless Auburn Police Department will approve the sale and delivery by that time.

According to RCW 9.41.090(5), there are only five reasons to hold the sale and delivery of the pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle up to 30 days:
(a) open criminal charges,
(b) pending criminal proceedings,
(c) pending commitment proceedings,
(d) an outstanding warrant for an offense making a person ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm,
(e) an arrest for an offense making a person ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to possess a firearm, if the records of disposition have not yet been reported or entered sufficiently to determine eligibility to purchase a firearm

Neither of the aforementioned reasons apply to me.

As a law-abiding US Citizen, and a WA Concealed Pistol License holder, and a loyal resident of the City of Auburn since 2007, I would like to know, what are the legal grounds for placing the sale and delivery of my firearm on hold by the Auburn Police Department.

As a professional, who served eight years in Russian Police, first as Patrol Officer and then as Narcotics Detective, I suspect that due to the COVID-19 situation Auburn Police Department might be understaffed and overwhelmed; however, I firmly believe that this shall not be used as an excuse for breaking the law and limiting my ability to protect myself and my family, especially at difficult times like this.

In addition, I am willing to utilize my energy, knowledge, skills, and law enforcement experience by helping your Department during this difficult time in any capacity as you might see fit. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Respectfully,
XXXXXXXXX

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tagged

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got a call from Sportco: Proceed.
:045:
I dunno if it is the inquiry that I faxed to Auburn PD today, or just a good luck.
Anyhow, March 18-24: six calendar days.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:59 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

surevaliance wrote:
Just got a call from Sportco: Proceed.
:045:
I dunno if it is the inquiry that I faxed to Auburn PD today, or just a good luck.
Anyhow, March 18-24: six calendar days.

:thumbsup2:

And that was a damned good letter! Nicely done!

Now maybe you'll get a call looking for help, repayment for the "favor".... :ROFLMAO:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Surevaliance, I want to give you a giant THANK YOU for sending that letter. I would guess that Auburn PD just put an automatic 30-day hold on it, to buy themselves some time. Hopefully your letter will open their eyes to the details of the law, and they won't do the same for the next buyer.

Hopefully.

Thanks for doing that!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next